1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the Rockets make a play for LaMarcus Aldridge?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by GreatOne1978, Nov 27, 2012.

1. ashiin

ashiin Member

I would love LA on the team and wouldn't mind sacrificing some cap space for him in a trade.

2. bumbum09

bumbum09 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His skillset actually fits well with our backcourt personnel. My biggest concern is that he doesn’t strike me as someone who cannot handle big-time moments in big games. Also, when we played them last I noticed that he was a bit out of shape. I admit I haven’t watched many Blazers games outside of when they play the Rockets but this is the first time I’ve seen out of shape. This is concerning because he’s already had injury issues in the past. Also, coming in out of shape does not set a good example to our very young team.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Aldridge would be a perfect 4 in our system, but I'm pretty excited to see where DMo and Jones are in two years. I think we need to be looking at players like Jennings, Paul George, and Cousins for franchise piece#2, and let our PF situation sort itself out by developing our considerable talent at that position.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You don't run play for Asik. Just let him get the offensive board. Aldridge has very good post game, and a deadly midrange shot to boot. With Harden outside and can penetrate at will, you have a great offensive one-two punch. Both can score anywhere on the court.

5. jocar

jocar Member

Isiah Thomas plays alot like Scott Machado with a more consistent jumpshot

1 person likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Would trade anyone on this team not named Harden or Asik. We would be extremely formidable with that frontcourt for years to come. If Harden/LA/Asik isn't a core to build on I don't know what is.

LOL at the people who think we have a better chance of winning with the core we have now and the rookies. LA is a sure thing, no idea how T Jones and D Mo will turn out which is why you sell them if you get the chance to get a top player like LA. They were mid level draft picks and they're not even seeing the floor most of the time.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Keep dreaming of getting LA, it ain't going to happen.

8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Of course they should. Unfortunately Portland doesn't want to give him up, and we most likely don't have the pieces to get the deal done. If Parsons keep ballin, maybe.

9. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

We might as well trade Jones we are just going to ruin his career on the end of the bench.It wouldn't surprise me if we tried to get raggedy ass Pau again .LMA would make too much sense.

10. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

And it is good that it wont...

11. CCM721

CCM721 Member

The overvaluing of our rookies on this board is insane...

12. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

Decent troll...5.5/10

13. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

??? I don't overvalue any of the rookies. Parsons is a keeper. D-Mo might possibly be the future as PF. Or might not. Jones, PPat, Machado, Morris - I hate to say it but they are not extremely important. But good players - possibly. Harden is probably a franchise cornerstone. Asik is worth more than we pay him. Asik. Parsons, Harden, D-Mo. That IMHO is the team going forward. Lin is beyond my comprehension.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

of all the players mentioned on this site daily.. LA is the only guy i would give the max. having him next to asik is the dream scenario. there is no player outside of Harden, that should be off limits.. if they want to move him, give the best package.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

all i know is the last time the rockets desperately wanted a player that fit their team, who also seemed unattainable. we got him for donte green and bobby jackson..

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Man a lot of you are real homers when it comes to our rookies. Some of you all are delusional, others are just paying attention.

A better Patterson? I rather watch D-Mo and Jones develop because of what I have seen so far? Aldridge wouldn't fit?

Really? Sure Aldridge is not going to carry you to a championship by himself, he is no Duncan, however he is a badass that has a good post game with a solid jumpshot. The PNR with him and Harden would be killer. It's really too bad that Portland won't give him up. I'd jump at the opportunity and give up anyone except Harden and Asik. Honestly though, we don't have anything Portland would want besides a few unproven front court players. Jones/D-Mo/Morris/Trash would not be enough to get Lamarcus. JLin serves no purpose for them since they already have a much better PG and Parsons would not really work for them either since they already have Batum.

If this were to ever realistically happen, we would definitely need a third team.

17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

*fixed :eek:

18. C1UTCH-C1TY

C1UTCH-C1TY Member

I agree with those who say they wouldn't do the trade for LA..not yet at least. We don't even know how DMo and Jones will turn out, best to wait a year or two. Unless we're getting cousins...in that case i wouldn't mind only because he's so young and one of the pf/centers in the west.

Here's who i would not mind gone:
    Lin
    Delfino
    Morris
    and Aldrich (if DMo gets strong enough to play some mins at the 5)

19. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

And supporting cast. That's been the most beneficial asset of DM. His ability to find really good players that others overlook. If we had these 2nd round type picks back then, we would have likely been more successful, imo.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Does LMA make the Rockets a legitimate contender, like top 5, in the West? If the answer is no, then why do the deal?

Go after a legitimate all-star (LMA is not one) or bring in another young guy (e.g. Harden) on the verge of being an all-star.

Personally, I would like a long athletic big who can play both the 4 and 5 and complement the guys currently on the roster (Donatas, TJ, Asik, etc.). Someone like Bismack Biyombo or Marcus Camby. Adding this type of player would not make the Rockets an immediate contender, but it also would not bleed them dry of assets while creating a more balanced and physical team.