1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should the league discipline Adams for his intentional dangerous play on Beverley?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nivos, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

He won't be trying that again the rest of the series I can guarantee you.

All he did was activate Pat's trap card

Hakeemtheking, kubli9 and Patience like this.
  2. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

it was clean.

3. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Answer to the OP...NO...it was a vicious legal screen...At first I was pissed, bc I thought it may have injured Bev...but Pat fought back showing that he is ONE tough SOB. He will really feel it today and tomorrow. If for some mysterious reason.. Bev has to miss any games for this, I am gonna say that OKC wont win one game the rest of this series.

PyroTex likes this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Honestly, the ROCKETS could use some screen action like that. Dirtball Bogut on Rockets coulda got guys open looks and retaliate against THEIR dirtball. Rockets still met the challenge, which is very encouraging.

5. split41

split41 Member

People on this board are softer than Bev, who actually took the screen. This is the playoffs, stuff like this is gonna happen, credit to Bev to showing OKC what's what right after this and knocking down those big times 3's.

I'm rolling with my main man Pat, who said it was a clean screen and solid play.

PyroTex and BigShasta like this.
  6. RCPM

RCPM Member

So you are saying Bev is soft?

7. shtinkee

shtinkee Member

Legal screen. But I agree that if one of our bigs had laid that down on Westbrook, the refs would have called it a foul at the very least, and stared at the monitors for twenty minutes to determine if it warranted a flagrant.

PyroTex likes this.
  8. split41

split41 Member

Don't get it twisted, Bev is hard as nails! Implying my rox peeps are also not soft, but compared to Bev they are softer, but that shouldn't be a surprise nor insult to anyone.

Bev said it was solid, so I agree with Bev.

RCPM likes this.
  9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, that was a great screen. What should have happened is Bevs teammates letting him know it was coming.

DD

10. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Lin is not my boy, lol. T-GOAT is my boy! :D

11. ths balla

ths balla Member

Completely agree, thats what running into a great screen looks like when your big man fails to tell you its coming

noxiousdog and PyroTex like this.
  12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

well Bev was running so Capela might have told him screen but too late. Anywho he did indeed lower his shoulder but that also goes to protect your own body when someone is running full speed into you. could be call either way depending what angle you see

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

no way should the league do anything to Adams for this. at the absolute worst maybe a post-game tech but I felt it was a hard foul that wasn't called. Its was a foul on Adams but I didn't think it was as bad. The biggest reason why Beverley was cleared out was because he was blindsided it was so high on the court none of his teammates could call the pick out. This happens enough in the NBA.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, it was a borderline legal screen. Capella should have let Patrick know that it was coming. In the end Beverley had the last word about it, and in a huge way. Good stuff from Beverley.

PyroTex likes this.
  15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Good thing Bev got 2 days to rest his physical concussion

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Right, and our bigger guys should do the same to their smaller guys.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  17. hooroo

hooroo Member

hard but not dangerous. dangerous is taking players out of the air and onto their backs. i'm surprised the league hasn't been sued for back injuries and problems from those kind of plays.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

If you actually think it was clean/legal, you either don't know the rules, or you're delusional.

Whether you'd personally prefer to see screens like this called fouls or not is a different discussion.

20. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

It was close to mid-court, wasn't it? Maybe they were too far away for Bev to hear anyone calling it out.

FranchiseBlade likes this.