1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Terence Morris be on a milk carton??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thomp1141, Feb 20, 2003.

1. thomp1141

thomp1141 Member

Is Morris hurt? Suspended? No minutes at all in the last two games for TMo? Zero. What is the deal with this? Terence has been starting to come around and has played some very productive minutes in the last month. Now GRice is back and Terence hasn't seen the floor. Granted, I thought his minutes would be cut back, but he got no time in a domination game vs the suns. Something must be up. Your thoughts please.

2. fatman510

fatman510 Member

He should have played against the Lakers in the first half, but Glen Rice showed up against the Suns, so he had no right playing.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Nothing agains Morris (I like the guy), but yeah you might as well put him on the back of a milk carton. When he can go 7-8 from the three point line he can come back and play.

4. munco

munco Member

I like this kid. I think he plays hard and has some skills. I wish we could give him more PT. I seriously think we have too much talent and not enough role players.

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I couldn't agree with you more...

I think a lot of player TMo need minutes...

If a trade happens, that might clear up the log jam, but nothing will happen...

:cool:

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Any "photoshoppers" willing to give it a shot? :)

7. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

I like morris, personally i think he should take over posey's minutes.

8. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

at least he can USSUALLY hit the open shot

9. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I too think he should take over some of Posey's minutes. And Rudy needs to red light Posey's 3pt attempts. Might as well put those in the TO category.

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I hope they let posey walk this summer because he is not worth what he is asking for. They guy is a turnover waiting to happen. He is not that great defensively, and he can't hit an open shot. They only thing I like alot about him is his rebounding.

11. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Where's the love for Boki?

TMo gets FAR more playing time than Boki. I wanna see Nachbar showcase his skills during real playing time...not trash "we're down by 40" time.

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. enfuegos

enfuegos Member

True, Posey isn't a great shooter, but he brings a lot more to the table than TMo. He rebounds and plays solid defense. If TMo isn't shooting well then there isn't anything else he can offer. If the Rox feel they need scoring from the SF position then they'll bring in Rice.

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I don't discount his D or the rbs (I said "some minutes"), but I will say that if I were Rudy, Posey be limited to layups and putbacks.

15. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

TM should get some minutes some how.....he was shooting really well until they quit playing him...let's really se ehow rice shows Friday and Saturday..if he is lagging and shooting 20-30%...drop in Morris for a few...he has been reliable from the 2 pt perimeter recently

16. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

I wish Terence could get to play too...but Rice is back...HOW SAD FOR NACHBAR!!!

And Posey has not been playing FABULOUS lately, but I still like him. He is actually pretty good on defense...but he tends to leave his player wide open many times...LIKE RICK FOX.

Too bad for Terence. He doesn't get to play anymore. I didn't see anything that he did good except for his shooting. His shooting is great.

17. Sane

Sane Member

"His shooting is great."

This says a lot about Terrence Morris. A new fan that only recently started following the Rockets extensively has noted that his shooting is great. Remember all the "He does everything great, but he can't shoot to save his life" comments we used to get?

IMO, right now, he's playing better than Posey, and when using a Zone Defense, he can be much much more valuable.

To be 100% honest, if Posey doesn't agree to sign a contract beggining at approximately 4.5M a season, we'll turn our back on him and go with T-Mo.

Can you deny this guys the starting spot if he improves his ability to put the ball on the floor over the summer? At this rate of improvement, he may very well be the starter at SF next year.

At the moment, I personally believe Posey gets the minutes because he really helps our fastbreak, which is something we're not good at without him. T-Mo is a better scorer, at LEAST a similar rebounder, a better shotblocker, has better fundamentals, is taller, and is good at setting screens. His defense isn't that much off of Posey's, especially considering how overrated Posey's defense is, and how underdeveloped his offense is, despite being in his 4th (?) season.

18. thomp1141

thomp1141 Member

DrLudicrous,

That milkcarton picture is great. You made my day!

19. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Hmmmm...DrLudicrous put Morris's picture on the back of a carton of CHOCOLATE milk?? I guess Boki is on the back of all the cartons of white milk. :D

20. Fredterp

Fredterp Member

Here's a theory: Since TMo started playing well with good PT maybe the Rockets were in jeopardy of losing him to another team cheaply. Since Terence was earning .5M , TMo was steal when compared to MoT's salary of over $7M. Excluding Collier who has played in only 13 games, TMo is 3rd on the team in shooting at .462% while MoT is at 409%. Griffin is at .392!!!! Sign TMo at a cheap price and get rid of MoT. TMo got 10 rebs in his last good PT (Ming had 10 also). Could the Rockets be hiding TMo?? Just a theory. FREDTERP