1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Rockets go after Greg Monroe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OldfanofTmac, Jul 10, 2013.

1. OldfanofTmac

OldfanofTmac Member

With the Pistons signing Josh Smith, I think it is obvious that the Pistons will shop Greg Monroe, because Josh Smith is NOT a SF, and they have the promising Drummond at the Center.

Pistons don't have a PG, so they MAY be interested in Lin (a long shot), and maybe some of the Rockets other players.

Monroe averaged 16 & 10 last season. 2 seasons ago he averaged 15 & ~ 10 rebounds.

He is consistent, and one of the most UNDERRATED players in the league.

I think the Rockets would be wise to go after him, what do you think? He would fit nicely with Howard.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol but I don't think they are shopping Monroe

3. BuffaloRockets

I would be all for it.

4. ThaShark316_28

We'd all love that, but I'm guessing Smith at the 3 IS indeed the plan over in the D.

5. QazQay

QazQay Member

Why would we get Monroe but not Josh Smith? I think Morey wants a 3pt shooter at the 4.

6. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Got nothing to offer. They'll probably ask for parsons and lin anyways..

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

I'd accept that trade in a heart beat.

8. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

No way DET is shopping Monroe, but if they were, Lin + young PF + Asik in a 3 team trade. Someone else will want Asik and give something to DET that they would want. Worst comes to worst, we throw in our 2014 pick as those are so overvalued these days...but that's really a nuclear option :p

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

he is their franchise player. they'll want more then Asik and Lin return. Monroe is a stud.

10. CertifiedTroll

I already suggested a Lin Asik (maybe pick) for Knight Monroe trade.

11. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

Would rather get Demarcus Cousins from Sacramento. Come on, we gotta take advantage while their franchise is still a mess !! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

This would be the greatest fleecing ever. No way they give us Knight and Monroe for only Lin and Asik lol. Even if you threw in a pick.

13. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

The Pistons are not trading Greg Monroe.

14. BuffaloRockets

I feel like if Morey could get either of the 2 for anything that isnt Harden, Parsons, Howard than he would pull the trigger. We don't know what either franchise would ask for them.

15. Roachiep

Roachiep Member

I think that if the Rockets are going to make a big-time trade, we would be going for a game-changer, and a big-time game-changer at that. We wont make trades for a possible 3rd star, and the price that Detroit would ask for Monroe definitely is beyond his true value. We didn't go after Josh Smith ultimately, and he is more athletic, faster, stronger and has better range than Monroe.

Monroe would be a nice edition for the Rockets sure enough, but not worth what it would take to trade for him IMO.

16. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Then what's the point of moving Monroe if they just get another big similar to drummond. Keeping their team would be better.

17. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Why Greg Monroe? We need a power forward not another center. How about Asik for Andre Drummond? He plays power forward. But I rather make an epic trade involving Lamarcus Aldridge to Houston.

18. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

What? Really? But it's so obvious lmao

19. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Drummond will be coming off the bench. That'll be their 3 man rotation up front.

I recommend you don't propose that trade in the Pistons forum. Should you decide to suggest that trade in the Pistons forums, expect one or a combination of the 3 following responses:

a. Ridicule
    b. Propositions around Harden and/or Dwight to be included.
    c. Outrage

20. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

He's their franchise player...not sure if serious.