1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lin play the final 5 minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wendzall, Mar 7, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Your stats remind me of football when they show x team wins every time when they rush the ball 30 times or more. Mostly meaningless.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like Lin but these Lin threads are making hate him. Trade him NOW!

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

x10

x10000

His fans are a cancer to this site

4. wendzall

wendzall Member

I was hoping that people would notice how the data shows that some of the comparisons made about Lin and Beverly/Douglas maybe wrong.

For example about their defense and how they complement Harden.

If we consider the +/- which is an overall estimate of the offensive and defensive value that a player provides, the data here shows that Lin is doing a much better job in the final 5 minutes.

5. Postcall

Postcall Member

Do you have any statistics to back this up?

6. Postcall

Postcall Member

And yet you read them all for some reason...sad

7. Ultimate6thMan

I question your Rocket's fandom. You support McHale like he has played a game for us or done something note worthy other than when he played for BOSTON!

I think you McOF are worse than LOF, and I am neither!

But you can definitely put me down as a ROF and a McOH (as a coach).

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Thank you for proving my point. Reason I stay the hell away from them. This is probably my second post in a Lin thread.

9. Anxiety Trooper

Great thread. Will bookmark & read again

10. RichardH

RichardH Member

Please keep Lin on the bench not just 4th but let him stand behind T-Jones. That should make McFail happy. Morey nervous and Mr. Alexander mad.

11. wendzall

wendzall Member

Some additional stats to consider:

In the 20 close games of less than 7 points....
    When Lin played the final 5 minutes the Rockets won 30% of the time.
    When the other PGs played the last 5 minutes the Rockets won 15% of the time.

12. gate470

gate470 Rookie

I don't understand it either. Personally, I think it's pretty safe to to say that Mchale doesn't trust Lin yet.

13. Postcall

Postcall Member

Glad to help although I dont understand your point, lol

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Why would I need statistics to back this up?

Who is better, Harden or Lin? Both are ball dominate guards, so who do you trust to make a play with the game on the line?

15. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

he was known to be a 4th quarter guy and plus he is the starter. putting him in at 6 min mark would be nice, gives him enough time to get loose, he usually trys extra hard in crunch time, makes plays.

16. choujie

choujie Member

His fans at least provide some meaningful stats. What do you guys provide besides calling them cancer?

17. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Could you also do an in depth statistical analysis of Jeremy Lin's navel lint, please? I think that is the last remaining aspect that hasn't been covered yet. Thank you.

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Does anyone beside myself recognize that this line-up which "lost us the game" is the same line-up that gave us a chance to win the game? So we should tell the crew that brought us back from 13 down to sit on the bench because our entire starting line up decided to not play defense and let the game slip away?

But those same starters somehow deserve to be in the game because they're the starter, getting paid more, or theoretically better using XYZ as parameters and ignoring sound scientific reasoning such as correlation vs. causation, sample size, variability (such as strength of opponents), etc.

I would've felt better about last night's game if McHale would've sat Harden right over there on the bench with the others for that disgusting defensive performance.... We didn't have a single damn starter who was interested in defensive rotations last night. We didn't have one who could even be bothered with help side D. And the man who doubled on Dirk had absolutely no interest in finding where the swing pass was going to end up and recover and rotate - they just stood with Dirk while they watched guys get wide open cuts and 3s.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Ironically, its also a rookie whom he's benching him for. ;)

20. recboil

recboil Member

you honestly think Beverly has better handles and decision making? He doesn't manage the pace/office nearly as well as Lin. If he did do all this better than Lin then Beverly would be in the starting line up