1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should Lin play PG full time or be replaced?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lucky Charm, Jan 21, 2013.

1. roxxy

roxxy Member

Roy Hibbert is the 39th best roll man in the NBA & yet he is the roll man less than 8% of the time? Why do you think that is? Because Indy doesn't have the PG's who can make the adequate passes off the PNR. You want to know why Hibbert has been struggling so much this season? Because he hasn't been used properly because of lack of personel they consistently have him posting up (which he has proven that he is poot at & they don't use him on the rolll) You want to know why Indy's offense has gone to total crap this season vs last year. Last year it was top 10 this year it is dead last in the NBA because Collison for all his flaws (terrible decision making) could pass.

Darren Collison lost his starting point position to Derrick Fisher.

I will give you NY not because Felton, & Priggs are better players (cause they aren't) but because obviously the Knicks didn't want Lin this season for whatever reason (money, lack of talent, etc)

And if you personally would take Felton & Prigs over Lin well then more power to you. Oh & by the way Kidd isn't a PG he is the SG. He hasn't been a PG since a a few years now

2. PointGuardRocks

You are 100% correct. why can't morey Mchale and lex see that. chale

The problem with the coach is that. mchale cut him last year. he wants Jeremy to fail by not playing as a pg. it is now back firing with the losses. again. Mchale want to let everyone know that. It is jeremy's fault by pinching him. ( hardens is shooting 25%). and who is blaming him? doesbhe get benched?

3. imanshar

imanshar Member

I think lin could be 16-10 guy at Jazz. Utah' big man would finish his passes and he can run tons of PnR.

4. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Who's the pg since Felton went down?

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Morey should be replaced.

6. PointGuardRocks

How silly will morey look? cut Lin last year when he could sign him for nothing.
    Trade Lin this year because mcfail system won't play Lin as a pg.
    Lin exploded in another system.
    Morey will be sorry again

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

It isn't confidence with him his form is just jacked up. Didn't somebody post a link where his shooting coach said that he isn't sticking to the principles they worked on in the off season?

Also I do wonder if he was taking more unassisted threes as opposed to assisted 3's would he be shooting better? Like I just remember the Mavs game where he was 0-2 from deep & then he just pulled up off a screen & hit a three in the 4th quarter. He just seems more comfortable in those type of situations than he does in catch & shoots. Thoughts or numbers on this?

Also I agree on the long 2's. He is a lot more reliable on those than anything else right now. Lately he has been doing that more consistently. If he starts hitting those at a reliable rate that would be ideal.

But like the thing with long 2's is that it doesn't adress the root problem it is just a symptomatic solution. A lot of teams concede long 2's to there opponents. So even if he hits them at a reliable rate teams will continue to just sag off of him & double somebody else. But at the same time he needs to be able to hit shots to get into an offensive rhythm. It is a sticky situation.

8. CheukLau

CheukLau Member

I think Lin is good, and I like his competitiveness. He is just linconsistent and linexperienced as a youngster.

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

LOL why were you disputing my initial post if you don't even know?

The Knicks run PG by committee. I don't know if you are familiar with Woodson but this is his thing, in ATL he refused to play Jeff Teague & played Mike Bibby instead even though the front office threatened to fire him (which they did).

So Iman Shumpert runs the point, Melo runs the point (in a point forward capacity), JR Smith runs the point, Prigioni runs the point. Kidd rarely ever runs the point. Sometimes you see him make the entry pass to Carmelo in the post but in terms of penetrating & getting into the teeth of the defense for kick outs or PNR's etc no Kidd does none of that so therefore, he is not a PG. Kidd doesn't even defend opposing PG's.

10. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Give Lin 3 balls and 3 shooting coaches. Let him shoot 1000 times a day for a full summer. Problem solved.

11. gabion

gabion Member

Guys maybe the team is just tired.. its still early in the season to judge someone. :)

12. PointGuardRocks

Last year. Rockets didn't give Lin a chance.
    This year. Rockets won't give him a chance to be a true pg.
    Why can't they give him a chance? just watch the game against spur with harden out. we had a chance to beat them and game was exciting.

13. imanshar

imanshar Member

Has anyone noticed whenever lin makes a layup or a bucket or get fouled beverley jump up and down on the bench? I think they are good friends.

14. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

sorry I am glad we won finally, but to beat bobcats like that. It was not a good win. Some thing is broken.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Give it more time. Lin isn't playing consistently well enough to fetch much in a trade and the team has nothing to play for. So, might as well give the Lin-Harden combo more time to work it out. Will have more trade opportunities in offseason.

16. cyclorider

cyclorider Member

Lin should play PG full time for as long as he remains a Rocket or until the Rockets acquire someone better.

If he's traded, I'd like to see him play in his home state of California, though. The Clippers have Chris Paul and Eric Bledsoe. The Warriors have Stephen Curry and Jarrett Jack. That leaves the the Los Angeles Lakers.

Steve Nash is 39 years old and the Lakers would love to have Lin as a replacement.

The Lakers are taking offers for Pau Gasol and it just so happens he fits what the Rockets need. A 7'0" low post scorer and rebounder.

Package Lin in a deal to the Lakers for Pau Gasol.

17. teebone21

teebone21 Member

once we get a real offense going and they stop with the excessive Harden ISO plays, Lin might slack out of his slump. As of now TO ME he is the worse starting PG in the league on offense.

18. PointGuardRocks

Beverly is Smart.
    Have u seen the spurs game? harden showed a grim when Lin scored 38

19. Luca

Luca Member

JR shares some of the PG duties, Prig & sometimes Kidd.

20. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Hmm I'll have to watch some games then seems like he still plays pg from looking at some of his stats or least he handles the ball often. Either way I don't think NY wants Lin anymore since they are doing a lot better with Felton, Kidd, and Prigs. They are not going to jeopardize their current chemistry.