1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should Leslie Alexander sell the team to get better ownership of the franchise?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HtownRocks3, Mar 28, 2003.

?

Should Leslie Alexander sell the team to get better ownership of the franchise?

1. No, he is doing a great job keeping this team together.

48 vote(s)
    61.5%
  2. Yes, the big contracts he has given out and charging locan fans for PPV to watch the Rockets in the

20 vote(s)
    25.6%
  3. I don't know, give him a few more years. He might still have it in him to get the job done as owner

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  1. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Please vote on this poll.

I think he needs to be gone. Simple little actions he has made that has made me see him as one gold-digging b*stard.

2. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

I dont think you could ask for a better owner.

3. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

My fault:

Option #2: Yes, the big contracts he has given out and charging locan fans for PPV to watch the Rockets in the playoffs is crossing the line.

It should be Local* not Locan

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Do you really want the owner deciding who to give big contracts to?

5. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Les is okay, but I'd rather have an owner who can throw around wads of $$$ and not have to worry about the luxury tax at all.

ie: Paul Allen, Cuban, Knicks owner(???)

Plz sell the rox to bill gates les.

6. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

Les is a great owner, when he sees potential he pays for it. Would you rather have an owner like the Clippers?

7. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I want an upgrade. The ticket prices have been raised tremendously to the games. How much money does this guy want? He wants to take money from us to give to a player who we have no chance of trading anytime soon? Thats not for the good of the team.

8. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

"charging local fans for PPV to watch the Rockets in the playoffs is crossing the line."

Super-rich Paul Allen also charges local Blazer TV fans to watch playoff games on PPV. It's not that uncommon.

9. TCDREAM

TCDREAM Member

I hear you there, but maybe he needs more help in making his player fanancial decisions?

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Unfortunately, you can't get rid of owners you don't want. Sterling would have been long ago if that were possible.

Even so, Alexander is a good owner. He cares about winning and has a classy organization. He doesn't ignore the luxury tax but doing so doesn't buy you a championship anyway. Look at the Knicks and Blazers. You think Rocket fans have reason to complain about overpaid scrubs? And, even with the billionaires, they will still try to make good financial decisions. Cuban has passed on a player because of luxury tax considerations. And everyone is going to price tickets and TV competitively, regardless of wealth.

11. KeepJuaquin

KeepJuaquin Member

lol. Yeah! Get rid of him! And he will just leave. Too bad. He's the owner. He is the one who is paying all these players money. There have been many bad deals. But is it his fault, or is it the general manager's fault? We have no future! Look at the Denver Nuggets! Their future is looking extremely bright and successful. Yeah...I wish we had Bill Gates as the Rockets owner. He could buy the entire NBA!

12. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

If the owner puts up gigantic billboards of Moochie Norris, Eddie Griffin, and Cuttino Mobley, he obvioulsy knows little about basketball. c'mon man, thats embarrasing.

but Les's been talked into pulling some good trades ie. Barkley, Drexler, and been duped into signing some bad players to long term contracts i.e. moochie, maloney, cato. oh yeah, got to give it to him for breaking the bank to sign Pippen, didn't work out but that was another one of those high risk deals. He is not afraid to take risks and I like that.

overall though, Les seems like a pretty solid basketball owner.

13. omar23

omar23 Member

I heard something the other day about Les not serving meat in the new arena because hes a vegetarian.

Is this True????

If so this guy is the biggest b*stard ever.

14. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

I heard we (Houston Rockets) have 3rd highest ticket prices in the league! How do you pro-leslie alexander stand on that?

15. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I will not grace this poll with my vote!! Its a stupid poll to have! Les is an excellent owner and an astute business man. Just wait till the end of this season to see if he will apply pressure to his management team.etc.

16. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Why would we want to get rid of the owner that freely opens his wallet to bring good calibur players here?

17. We're Back

We're Back Member

The person that posted this is a moron. But than again apparently 29.3% of the people that voted are morons. Les does a lot of questionable things (unis, clutch the bear), but as far as dishing out cash for players he is just fine. He seems pretty hands off too when it comes to personnel decisions. Hard to hold PPV playoff games against him when we haven't been in the playoffs in like a million years...

18. sun12

sun12 Member

The support system of the Houston Rox can not compare with that of the Dallas Mavericks or Chicago Bulls. Do you know how many assistant coaches Dallas has? Do you know every Bulls player has a personal trainer paid by the team? There is no comparison.

Les is like a small-business owner who saves on bells and whistles.

19. sun12

sun12 Member

But let not blame Les. Houston is not a large market like NYC, Chicago or LA. The fans in Houston really do not show up much in games, and they are not passionate except for those of you who are on this bbs.

20. mos-def

mos-def Member

worst poll ever