1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should have traded these players before the deadline last season??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OlajuwonFan81, Jul 4, 2012.

1. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

If the Rockets were not all in on Dragic or Lee, why not trade them last year at the deadline? I mean didn't they do the same thing the season before and were able to attain dragic for brooks? I just don't get it. Lee was a restricted free agent and Dragic in my opinion has the most upside of probably any player on our roster. If we lose both players especially dragic i will not be pleased.

I understand they were in the middle of a playoff run last year and it would have been hard to trade away a guy like Lee, but at the end of the day at least we would have gotten something in return. Discuss.......

2. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Could have traded Dragic if Lowry wasn't sick. We didn't have a legit PG to replace him. As for Lee, I don't think they anticipated the draft and off season failures.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Morey listened to clutchfans and didn't want to treat his players like assets at the deadline.

4. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

The other issue would be that, for certain, Morey and McHale both knew about the rift with Lowry before we in the public did.

5. vernonmaxwell86

they were in the playoff race

blame les if anything

6. rocketsfaninala

Lee had to be let go to make the Asik deal work. Dragic's value at the trade deadline wasn't what it is now. No body really expected Dragic's value to balloon like it did at the end of the year last year. Lee was really untradeable because of the Martin situation at the trade deadline. We all have the benefit of hindsight as well. I definitely understand being upset about Dragic, but Lee is easily replaceable imo.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

Stopped reading, right there.

We were high on Dragic, but not all in. I mean, if Dragic demanded the max, should we have given it to him?

Up to a certain point, we'd resign Dragic - after all, he's a good PG. But honestly, you couldn't have known that Dragic would demand at least 10 mil.

And also, Lee didn't reject us; we offered money to Lee, and then took it back. Kind of a dick move from the Rockets' FO, imo.

8. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Yep just awful.....now we have lost goran as well and offering almost the same amount of money to LIN. This is the worst off-season imaginable so far.

9. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

should have traded Dragic at the deadline, and should have never cut Lin( thats what a real GM would have done)

Look at the Hornets GM.. even without the number 1 already looks to be a better gm than Morey. He hired a great coach in Monty Williams( or should i say retained him), and is now in position to dominate the next 5-10 years

10. AFS

AFS Member

Morey can't predict the future...

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

We weren't bad enought to justifying that. Fans would have killed Morey even more for just half assing a tank mode.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm getting tired of your rediculous posts. Welcome to the folder.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The trade deadline was March 15. Dragic got his first start on March 10. He did not establish much trade value yet.

14. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You answered your own question. If they did that, DD will jump out an say 'asset trading' ...

15. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Because they were our future PG and SG, Lowry got hurt soon after and Martin was a trade piece. Now they are the past sadly a few months later

16. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

I love Lee

But..... LEE = gerald green

Plus green may be cheaper

17. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Dragic was actually traded before the season started ... remember Pau Gasol? I think Dragic remembered that pretty good and that's why he signed with the Suns afterall.
    I'd rather kept Lee to be our starting SG. He's not the 'star' SG everybody wants, but he is very decent on both sides of the floor.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

No. If everything stays as is this is perfect. No Lin, no Dragic, Lee, Dalembert, Budinger. Flawless victory.

Rebuilding has begun if he can secure another young guy/draft pick for Martin and or Scola? Flawless victory and fatality.

20. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Valid point Mr.Herrera but we still could have traded Lee.....