1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Should HARDEN play or rest?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NotApollo33, Apr 2, 2013.

?

How many games should we rest Harden

1. Not 1/just one

9 vote(s)
    4.8%
  2. Not 2/just two

25 vote(s)
    13.3%
  3. Not 3/just three

35 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. Not 4/just four

27 vote(s)
    14.4%
  5. Not 5/just five

5 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Not 6/just six

3 vote(s)
    1.6%
  7. SEVENN.

84 vote(s)
    44.7%
  1. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

Should Harden play next game or rest getting ready for the playoffs.

Since the games basically over given that DeAleck predicted a win. Should Harden play or not?

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He should sit out till his ankle is fine. We have 5 years MAX money invested in this guy, we can't afford to have him ignoring injuries.

We're good right now with our schedule. I think he will be healed with 1 or 2 more games of rest, and we can afford that right now given everyone else is playing well and our schedule is not particularly difficult right now.

It would really pay off to have him healed up before the playoffs, and even when he comes back watch his minutes, maybe keep them around 30-32 unless particular circumstances prevail during important games. Otherwise I think we have sufficient depth with Parson, Anderson, Delfino and Garcia to afford some rest for Harden as we get closer to (hopefully) the playoffs.

3. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I dont want to write off sacramento yet... they have been playing out of their minds since the patterson trade...

as of the trade in Feb, they have been averaging 110 pts (2nd in the league) a game and only giving up 106 points per game....

4. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

sit the beard!
    [​IMG]

5. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

actualy i wanted to say
    [​IMG]

6. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Personally I really don't care at all what DeAleck says. I think we can bat the kings without him, so give him rest. He's been worked hard the entire season

7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Fixed.

8. landryfans

landryfans Member

98% making the playoff, seed 6-8 makes no significant difference, so rest Harden until he is 100% healthy.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

If he's healthy he should play but the coach should limit his minutes. However, I think we can beat the Kings without him.

However, it would be nice to have him back by the time they play against Denver.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You make the funniest meme's ever.

11. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

I'd go so far as to rest Harden till the Lakers game. To ease him back into it. Cos it's not just about the playoffs but next five years or four.

Plus if we do will in the playoffs or if he stays healthy we might get Dwight sooooooooooo

Our Franchise is on the line.

12. arjun

arjun Member

13. tomato123

tomato123 Rookie

Rest him until payoff for 100% recovery.

At the same time, let everyone see the movie called "linsanity 2.0". We just saw the trailer on last two games.

14. torocan

torocan Member

I would say definitely rest him for Sacramento and Portland.

If we win both rest him for Denver, if we split them have him play as needed in Denver.

If our play off position is still strong after Sac/Por/Den, then consider resting him for Phoenix (only 1 game over 6 days) and bring him back for Memphis and ease him into the last 4 games so he's in game shape for the Lakers and the play offs.

This would give him 2 full weeks of rest and treatment and should have his ankle and foot at or near 100%.

15. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Rest him until he's completely healthy, even if it's playoff time. We are not going to win champship this season, and we can't afford to screw up our hope in the future.

Say all you want, but I'd rather sit Yao/Tmac for a whole season when they have ealier injuries. Things escalate fast if you don't take care of it early with enough margin for error.

16. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

it's all about doctor's decision and his own feeling. no one knows better than harden himself. if he has doctor's green light and he feels good to go, i am ok with him playing. the more our starters play together, the better they will perform in the playoff.

17. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Personally I don't want to see our superstar become the next Grant Hill injury wise. Lets just hope the Lakers miss the playoffs, so Dwight decides to end his time with the Lakeshow. Our recent defense has not been because of Harden's absence, but more so Greg Smith.

Let Lin run the team, focus on defense and we will be fine.

18. Tonnny

Tonnny Member

Until rocket lost

19. peter2012

peter2012 Member

Agree. We can afford to lose this one, so rest him for the playoff is more important than play him when he is not 100% recovered.

20. coweye

coweye Member

Rest him until he is ready. Hopefully this will be 2 or 3 games before the playoffs then Coach can increase his minutes from game to game. We need him 40 minutes per game in the playoffs.