1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Shot in the Dark (guitar cover) - Anyone plays guitar?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by metalshred, Oct 30, 2012.

1. metalshred

metalshred Member

3 people like this.
  2. tomato

tomato Member

\m/ your cutoff skinny jeans \m/
    metal

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

repped for being a metal head

4. metalshred

metalshred Member

Thanks guys!:grin:

5. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

pretty good. i haven't tried to play an entire song for a long time. mostly just playing some riffs and easier solos. i think you should put your face in the video instead of just the guitar. more involved and interesting that way than just seeing a guitar.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

nice. That is an ESP right? What pickups because that sounds awesome.

Word on the cutoff jean shorts though.

[​IMG]

7. metalshred

metalshred Member

Yeah man, due to work I don't have time to play much either.

I don't show my face because I'm shy;)

8. metalshred

metalshred Member

Yes it is ESP M-ii. The pickups are EMG 81s, pure metal pickups \m/

9. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

lol, i understand. i used to put some vids on youtube and myspace thinking no one would look at them. but then some random people started looking at them and send me messages. so i just closed everything down. lol.

10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Just got my first guitar (used Strat) and amp (mustang 1) and learning slowly.

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Good job, and you sound just like ozzy too. Seriously though, it sounded very good.

Could have picked a better song,IMO, but not bad at all from what I could tell.

Nice guitar, I hear tuning and changing strings on those is a pain,eh? Like the sound a lot, but I've never been much of a whammy bar guy.

#11 CrazyDave, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

I was never good enough or had enough time to learn it, but my favorite solo of all time is the Mr Crowley solo. There are only a couple of covers I have seen that can actually come close to the original Randy Rhoads one. I don't like the Zach Wylde one, and yes you can tell theres a difference.

If there is someone that should be covered, it is buckethead. This dude is the only dude that can get spot on.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/H4HX9KPh9Og" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. metalshred

metalshred Member

I love Buckethead, he really plays from his heart from my opinion although many people say he is more of a technical guitarist.

I agree Randy Rhoads is better than Zakk, however I like Zakk too due to his stage presence. I don't feel much towards the current guitarist of Ozzy Gus G, he's not that special to me.

14. metalshred

metalshred Member

You won't regret the effort man, guitar is great fun whether you pursue it as a profession, jam alone at home (like me lol) or play with friends.

15. metalshred

metalshred Member

Haha thanks man, that's a big compliment to say it sounds like Ozzy.

Yes it is painful to change strings and tune the guitar. Good thing is usually after tuning it once, i rarely have to re-tune it until I change strings the next time. The double locking system is good at keeping the strings in tune, though I'm not a big whammy bar fan either.:grin:

16. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

get yourself a Les Paul dude...its worth it!

:)

17. metalshred

metalshred Member

Haha, I'd love to. Since we are not a professional guitarists, no one is going to forbid us from enjoy playing other guitars.:grin:

There are many guitars I'd love to have, Les Paul, SG, Strat, 7V, oh the list goes on....

18. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

I meant the singing. Was joking about that.

Love me some buckethead, too.

19. Grumbler

Grumbler Member

don't bother. i used to go crazy with different type of guitars. probably bought about 30 guitars in a three year span. ended up selling most of them and keep only a few. i realized that i just wasted so much time and money which could have been better spent improving my skill. lol. if you want different guitars, try them at guitar center. you probably won't like a lot of them after trying for a while.

20. metalshred

metalshred Member

30 guitars is ridiculous dude, must have cost you a fortune.

I'm aiming for 5 very good guitars which I will enjoy playing on. And I agree with you it's better to spend time practising than always looking to buy a new guitar.