1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shooting on I10

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by justtxyank, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I drove past the aftermath. Fire trucks, ambulances, and cop cars all over the place. I-10 heading east was totally shut down in the middle of rush hour and they were shunting all that traffic off the freeway. I was glad I was going the other way.

I assumed it was a multi car crash with a fatality, but I should have noticed the lack of mangled cars or wreckers.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like a targeted hit/gang related?

Shooters still at large?

3. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

4. NateNate

NateNate Member

I saw this happen. Like, literally saw it in front of me. Talk about surreal seeing a guy standing in the middle of i10 emptying rounds into a car. Also, this wasn’t a regular weapon, I’m not a gun person but it looked similar to an uzi. Another witness who claims he knows guns said it was an AR15 but it didn’t look like a riffle to me. Crazy day for me.

5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Good thing you're safe! Did it seem more like a targeted hit on the victims or was the gunman shooting at every passing car?

6. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thanks, man. Not random AT ALL. Possible road rage, but there are reports of a trash bag full of weed in the victims car so could be a drug related. I thought it was just 2 idiots racing but it turns out one was chasing the other. The balls to get out of the car in the middle of rush hour with a weapon that size was movie-like.

Rocket River, Acura, superfob and 2 others like this.
  7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Glad you’re safe. Holy crap what a crazy thing!

Acura and NateNate like this.
  8. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thanks. Craziest thing I’ve ever witnessed. I was on 6th street in Austin when someone opened fire, hitting and killing a bystander from out of town. I’ve see my fair share of white sheets over dead bodies but seeing this was different. This little dude gave 0 f***s. I will feel better if this turns out to be drug related, seeing someone do this because of a road rage incident would be something else.

9. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Wow.... Glad youre okay, but it makes me feel better that there was a mark he was shooting at instead of just randomly.

The wicked wiping the wicked out, just leave the innocent out of it, hopefully no innocent were in the cross hairs.

NateNate likes this.
  10. NateNate

NateNate Member

Thanks, and I’m with you on being happy it wasn’t random because at the moment I wasn’t sure if this guy was on a mission or not.

These roads are dangerous man, from road rage to accidents you can lose your life on them. I’m tired of the tailgating, the speeding, putting people’s life in danger around you because you wanna be speed-racer. We see it everyday.

tmoney1101 and Astrodome like this.
  11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

17. It's in her handle.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  12. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

Thumbs up

[​IMG]

Blurr#7 and Acura like this.
  13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I remember years ago when I lived in the Houston area, I was driving near the woodlands on that main road going towards Lowe’s when a dude swerved towards me and I was in a bad mood so I swerved towards him...after this exchanged a couple times, we went to a red light and the dude went to a side business Very close to the road shouting at me what my problem is and how about he come over and kick my azz. ...of course pride was going and I was close to saying yea one over here and I’ll kick yours but then it hit me...I had kids (babies at the time) at home, wtf was I doing ?AND what if he was crazy guy with ptsd and with a weapon him whether it was a knife or gun. ....I had nothing

Best case scenario was I kick his azz over nothing and probably get sent to jail for assault ..worse case is I don’t go home that night..

I roll up my windows and pride hit a little bit but knowing I did the right thing at last in this incident

mikol13 and biff17 like this.
  14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's some crazy stuff. You should probably contact the police, you might be able to add some info.

tmoney1101, B-Bob and Sajan like this.
  15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah the news report i saw said they didnt have a description of the car, i was like WTF?

I may have to purchase a firearm. Been putting it off forever.

16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah the news report i saw said they didnt have a description of the car, i was like WTF?

I may have to purchase a firearm. Been putting it off forever.

17. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

As an avid gun owner myself, if anyone owns a gun and doesn't store it properly in a safe, or any device designed for gun safety/storage with locks, they are just ignorant and shouldn't own any firearms. Guns aren't toys, you have to respect them and store them properly.

There are to many dumb asses that have guns and just toss them in a drawer next to their bed (with a bullet in the chamber for goodness sakes) and expect their kid, or friend, or whoever not to touch it. That is lazy and incomprehensible.

tmoney1101, CCity Zero, YOLO and 4 others like this.
  18. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Crazy ain’t got no color homie.

mikol13 and Tomstro like this.
  19. Hardy Toll Road

Here, in this country, it most certainly does. But I’ll leave this in the D&D now since I got a warning overnight.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Youre coming off as young, dumb and ignorant. Crazy is crazy.

Washington Navy Yard shooting