1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shelburne] Knicks wants Melo to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheMystery008, Jul 13, 2017.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Time to reach out to other teams about our NGs, see if it lights a fire under Dolan's flabby ass.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

NYK don't have to trade Melo. They can pay an aging disgruntled Melo hang around their rebuilding team instead.

3. AkeemOlaDROwon

4. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

You mean David Sterned art 2 @_@ ._. >_< rather Adam Silvered

5. JD88

JD88 Member

Oh that'll make him happy. Lol

Hold him hostage for another few days.

Pen15clubber, Tfor3 and sammy like this.
  6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I'm curious what the Knicks pitch will be.

Knicks: I know you really want to leave for Houston, but what if i told you we just hired one of the top minds from the legendary Kings organization to be GM?
    Melo: No way?!?!? Please let me stay.

Are the Knicks going to pay Melo more money under the table to stay? what possible reason could he have to change his mind?

Tfor3 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

They will tell him they won't/can't work out a deal with Houston or Cleveland and ask him to expand his no trade list to include teams like OKC, Portland and other teams.

pippendagimp likes this.
  8. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Knicks are so stupid... just trade that man. Melo is 33 years old, and Knicks will not be winning anything soon.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And then he'll tell them no and say that if they can't trade him to a place he wants to play then they need to buy his contract out.

10. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

All he has to do is play the Hardaway beef card. It's not like those two are best friends. They may have mended fences but you can't tell me those two have buried the hatchet for the betterment of the team. I'm certain that's why Hardaway left in the first place. I think it's more about trying to buy time to survey the landscape and see if there's a better deal to be had.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbss...ony-told-tim-hardaway-jr-hed-beat-him-up/amp/

The New York Knicks were en route to their fifth straight loss last week against Brooklyn when a frustrated Tim Hardaway Jr. screamed angrily, "Get the rebound!''

Certain his second-year teammate was speaking to him, Carmelo Anthony approached Hardaway on the way down the court and used an expletive to ask Hardaway who in the world he thought he was talking to.

Anthony, according to sources, then used another expletive in telling Hardaway he was going to beat him up when they got into the locker room after the game.

While the two players never wound up fighting, the episode was emblematic of the volatile state of the Knicks. Off to their worst start in franchise history at 4-19, the Knicks are a team full of discord, defiance and doubt, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

"Nobody's taken a swing at anybody, but there's a lot of arguing and cursing each other out after games,'' one source said.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Shelburne didn't say Carmelo wants to stay with the Knicks.:)

Fullcourt likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

Loyalty. loyalty. loyalty

13. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You're right. THJ was traded because of Melo.

He'll be gone before season starts. Everyone just has to hold tight, Melo can't waver and we got to be strong. It'll get done.

14. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

He has a no trade clause which he lifted this week for a deal to Houston or Cleveland.

My guess is his reps said the window is this week. If not that window closes. So they can't trade him later
    if he doesn't want to be traded later. Supposedly they concentrated hard on moving Melo and completely
    put aside the fact that they need other positions.....with the exception of Hardaway.

1) A)So they will have a disgruntled worker (who sabotaged the Triangle Offense of Phil Jackson in hopes of getting
    him terminated) possibly sabotaging the work Hornacek who was brought in to coach the Triangle further.

B) Then he leaves for nothing in free agency in the summer of 2018 by using his early termination clause.
    Knicks like the money coming off the books......until he says I'm going to screw around with this franchise
    another year while making $27 mil and keep the ball away from Porzingis and Hardaway so they can't develop.
    Poisoning the water-well of their minds against Dolan.

or

2) Change out the coach early in the year and go with a different offensive system. Let Melo go ISO
    during a re-building couple of seasons while making $27 million thru 2017/18 & 18/19. Be players again
    in free agency in summer of 2019. Meanwhile their rival Nets have Up and coming players under contract like
    DeAngelo Russell/DeMarre Carroll/LaVert with Mozgov doing enough at Center. Nets can get down to a
    payroll of less than $60 million going into free agency next summer (2018).....adding more promising pieces.

New York Knicks may see their rivals from Brooklyn pass them by if they don't plan this out right.

Aruba77 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Stupidity, stupidity, stupidity.

16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

All good points. and it's probably better for new york to trade him now if they can get a pick and some value for him. But if they can justify keeping him for one more year, i don't think anyone really believes that Melo won't opt out next year, regardless. And they'll get that money off their books.

So they could play hardball and say, "look, houston isn't giving us a good enough return." "Either expand your list of teams or we're going to pack it in; you'll be free to do what you want next year."

They come back to Houston and say, "look, it's now or never; either you sweeten the deal or we'll keep Melo this year."

If i'm Morey, i'm definately inclined to give new york a little more ...whatever that is.

So ...i'm just saying, New York can still maneuver for a better deal ...which i suspect is going on right now.

#136 Aruba77, Jul 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
    Jatman20 likes this.
  17. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Yes true. Everything is just conjecture on everyone's part. If I'm Melo I would say don't count on me using
    that early termination clause. I want to leave NY temporarily because of the problems with ( La La his wife)
    & the marriage. If I'm still in NY for this season....La La and I might work things out. Kobe Bryant bought his
    wife a huge ring and all was forgiven. [i will let people goggle Melo & La La for details].

Melo's son is 10 y/o from what I read. Wants to stay near him. He may not opt out. NY didn't do him any
    favors.....why should he do NY any favors? Collect $27 mil while being near his son. "Maybe" complying
    with the rest of the players......"Maybe" going full ISO-all the time not giving a flip.

I say that because Melo sees how he has received attention from Houston and other teams. New York has
    the reputation of being dysfunctional from top to bottom. Melo could play that out for 2 years knowing some
    team would still offer him probably $20 million a year contracts 2 years from now. Wipes his hands free of the
    Knicks saying it wasn't his fault......Dolan is Crazy (Knows nothing of basketball). Many would agree.

18. rockets13champs

U must Have no watch Cp3 and Hardens video

Pen15clubber likes this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

After this circus I am confident Star players will line up to play for the Knicks and take a pay cut!

Jatman20 likes this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Can we change the title to this thread.

It's obvious Woj gave her whatever she wrote.

Nook likes this.