1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Shelburne] Knicks wants Melo to stay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheMystery008, Jul 13, 2017.

1. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

LOL WTF

Where did you see this?

2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I believe OG @The Cat real estate post over her.

Melo has no reason to stay.

DonKnock, macho GRANDE and sammy like this.
  3. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

i wish melo would just tweet tainted love - runaway

4. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

It was a guess my dude.

5. JazzLakerHater

Are any of you surprised? We've been hearing it's a done deal for like a week now and yet nothing happened.

6. farr3l

farr3l Member

Delay of game?

macho GRANDE and Stormy1234 like this.
  7. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

At this point I'm starting to not want melo. Giving up our whole team for a player who has maybe 2 years left is a little far fetched.

8. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

This is a leak from the Knicks dysfunctional front office pressing the Rockets to find the right deal. Nothing less, nothing more.

Carmelo does not fit on their roster as a small forward next to Porzingis and Hernangomez. He's better suited to play as a stretch 4, and they shouldn't be benching Hernangomez in their current situation.

macho GRANDE and Stormy1234 like this.
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Not surprising, easy to see coming with the new GM coming in. Makes sense for him to access the situation and his options.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

What's up with Houston teams having so much trouble in the Red Zone?

11. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Dysfunkdafied Knicks are being bratty.

Between publicly committing to youth, prototyping an anti-Melo criteria, and the no-trade clause, the Knicks are painted in a corner.

After already giving ATROCIOUS free agent contracts, you'd think part of the negotiations with the new GM was that the Melo trade would continue to be handled by the personnel that's already neck-deep in discussions with other teams.

If Melo stays, it's for his kid. Which is fine. He doesn't mind not being on a contender for that reason.

But to think the Knicks can front office their way to good PR is laughable. If they deny Melo's trade request, how does that look to upcoming star free agents? First Oakley, now Melo? Dolan better watch Eddie and do the right thing like that Knick owner did.

DonKnock and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets aren't gutting their team for Melo. It's either Anderson in a multi-team deal or no trade at all. Otherwise a deal would already be done.

13. mightybosstone

This is just the Knicks posturing to act tough and trying to avoid the negative media backlash that will inevitably happen when they deal Melo for pennies on the dollar. But they're essentially creating a bidding war with one team, and that one team has no real incentive to throw any more significant assets to the pot. At most, maybe Morey throws in a pick or someone like Qi or Hartenstein.

But if the Knicks are faced with the reality of paying Melo $27 million to pout on the bench this season and hurt the progression of Porzingis and the rebuild versus dealing Melo for scraps, they'll absolutely end up taking the latter. I'm as frustrated as all other Rockets fans are by how much this has been delayed. But I still think Melo is wearing a Houston jersey come October until I officially hear a report saying it's 100 percent not happening.

DonKnock likes this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

No way Melo and Knicks can live with each other at this point. Melo has to be pissed.

The Rockets can live without Melo. Can the Kincks and Melo coexist? I don't think so. Melo should be able to force his way out of there.

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

Came for the reactions, was not disappointed.

I think he stays.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I spoke about skepticism for days but nobody wanted to hear it.

This public move from the Knicks is to tell Melo we tried to trade you but we aren't doing it for the offers we have received.

Melos camp will meet with the Knicks and the Knicks will ask him he has three options-

A. He can expand his list of teams he'd waive his clause to go to.
    B. He can take a significant pay cut to leave
    Or
    C. He can play for the Knicks next year and wait it out till he's willing to go to another team.

No doubt Melo won't be happy about this and as I said all along, a buyout makes sense more than anything and in that case I think he goes to Cleveland, an easier shot to the finals.

If he opts to expand his trade options, sauces Broussard might be more Right than folks think... wouldn't be shocked if Miami is mentioned. Along with San Antonio who has LMA's contract they'd maybe look to move in the deal. Point being... the Knicks coming back to the table now with the Rockets seems highly unlikely. Only path I see now would be buy out which would be awesome but you are competing with the entire league then... including the Warriors.

malakas likes this.
  17. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

knicks trying to put the ball in melos court and he about to punt that **** right back

18. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

hahahah...hooo..hahahaha...Yea that is NOT happening. Morey wouldve laughed at that deal. They just paid Tim Hardaway Jr 71 million. They are NOT asking for that deal.

19. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

This tactic usually doesn't work on humans.
    [​IMG]

20. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

giving up our whole team? lol wut? We either use andersons cap space in a trade to add a star or we cant do anything with that space.