1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq says Howard coming to a "little town like Houston" a "safe move"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jul 6, 2013.

1. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

i thought shaq went to lsu?

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Anyway it's irrelevant. This place is going to blow up once Chauncey Phillips is signed and brings his pop sensation brother, Phil.

3. dragician

dragician Member

The black aristotle is running out of relevant words to say. He made the TNT group boring with his voice alone, not to mention the quality of this basketball thoughts.

4. seeingred

seeingred Member

still upset about the sweep in 95.

5. TxAggies

TxAggies Member

Boston, Miami, Orlando, Cleveland, Phoenix. ;)

6. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

That's Snaqs stacking brownie points from LA fan base. He's a bafoon so who cares what he thinks. Let him jump on that big ass hater bandwagon all the others rolling on. We'll roll another championship parade while their hater bandwagon rolls off a cliff.

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

You are a joy to read

8. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

Are you surprised?

Dwight once called LA the capital of California, and not Sacramento.

He obviously lacks geographical knowledge.

9. Vpballa916

Vpballa916 Contributing Member

on a serious note, though, Shaq is just an insecure guy who needs to put others down in order to protect his bottom line.

People like that need to get over themselves.

10. Postcall

Postcall Member

I am from New York this is pretty much how most of us from here look at it as well. I am not saying it is accurate though.

11. the shark

the shark Member

Houston was good enough for Big E, Moses, and Hakeem.
    "A little town"?

Last I checked Houston was the 4th largest city in the U.S.

This "little" city SWEPT your ASS!!!!!!!

There I said it.

Shaq just showing his ignorance.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jTI4e5X9muk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Not going all political but people bring their ass to this little town to work from all over the world.

14. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

Totally would've expected Shaq to be supportive given his track record of putting Hakeem as one of the top 3 centers of all time.

Instead, we have Charles Barkley of all people PRAISING Dwight Howard's decision and the city of Houston and Shaq talking mess.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5nbnmM4xFdU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Caltex2

Caltex2 Member

Actually, I think LA is much bigger than that, especially when you factor in the Inland Empire, the so-called San Bernardino-Riverside area (where I'm originally from). They have plans to make it a legit metro area but for now it's merely suburban outgrowth of LA.

And yeah, Houston is not quite as large as the moniker "4th largest city" makes it out to be but it's still a top ten media market and the de facto 8th lagest metro are (and de jure 6th largest. I say that because the Washiington and Baltimore areas are really one metro area as well as San Francisco/Oakland and San Jose).

16. SeeingRocketRed

The 9:09 mark is where Shaq leaves the Summit crying.

17. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Everybody head to Pearland Shaq and take the biggest Dump and and stuff the toilets lmao

18. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Very disappointed in my frat who has a large home in sweetwater across from the country club. He's sucking up to Kobe and afraid that Dream will turn him into the mega allstar that Dwight will become.

So Shaq stop hating and give Dwight some "Uplift" and you know what I mean!!!

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This threads reactions are proof that Houston is a "small town". If Shaq called Chicago or NY a "small town" would their fans start looking up population numbers and talking about their industry? No way, they would just call him an idiot and be done. The members on here have proven exactly what they are arguing against.

Moreover, I know that Houston prides itself on being a "big city with a small town vibe". We are nice. That also applies to the media as well, there is no scrutiny here, our media aren't hard hitting. That's exactly what "small town" indicates as well.

I am very impressed that Shaq, even in a quick little jab, was able to put a very solid double entendre in there with the "small town" dig.

20. Homey the Clown

I see it as more of a diss towards the Rockets than the city. I'm not from Houston and don't live there so I could care less about the city aspect of it.