1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq says Howard coming to a "little town like Houston" a "safe move"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hilltopper, Jul 6, 2013.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

mmm tears...

2. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Meanwhile in LA:

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne

Lakers have reached out to Lamar Odom, but it been hard to determine how high interest level is on either side thus far.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Like I said in the stickied Howard thread, the best way to shut up whiny, disappointed, LA Laker apologists like Shaq is to win. Win, and shove it down his throat. Shove down all their throats.

4. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

So wrong...we are the fattest city in America

5. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/SportsCenter">@SportsCenter</a> lol @ little Shaq talkin about Htown or his manhood? Baby mommas said dude hung like a field mouse</p>&mdash; Nicc (@Th3_Ugly) <a href="https://twitter.com/Th3_Ugly/statuses/353623729571495938">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

had to do it...

6. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

They are going to have a hard time even filling their roster for '13-14.

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Shaq has a house in Houston, he's just playin to the crowd.

8. acjeitherocket

Shaq is comedy

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

LA fans remember me? I won you those three championships. Why couldn't Kobe do it with Dwight and Gasol?

We get it, Shaq. You want Lakers fans to think highly of you. I even remember you saying how the best place to play is in LA on Inside the NBA, but you didn't fight at all to stay their.

Meanwhile Lakers fans are complaining and saying the NBA needs to do something because players are catching on to this no state income tax thing in Florida and Texas. This puts their Lakers at a huge disadvantage when Kobe becomes older and they need to replace him with LeBron.

10. bmd

bmd Member

Shaq tries to act like Charles Barkley... but it's forced when Shaq does it and not funny.

Barkley rags on people in a funny way. "I tell ya, they got some big ol' women down in San Antonio".

Shaq tries to copy Barkley's style, but it just isn't funny when he does it. Shaq is funny when he is himself... not trying to force being funny to compete with Barkley.

11. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Ah day one into the Dwight Howard era and Clutchfans gets to blast Shaq for Dwight related comment. I love it.

12. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

Shaq is the worst sideshow bob on the TNT show...dude has no clue about punch lines and timing...not to mention he just looks like an idiot straight up.

13. wokdwok

wokdwok Member

Yeah, Shaq was just joking when he ching-chonged Yao ("Tell Yao Ming, 'ching-chong-yang-wah-ah-soh."') with the typical racial slurs I grew up hearing as a youth in CA. He definitely has a way with words, anyway he got away with this in '03.

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When we win one, I can't wait to hear more comments from Shaq-FU. His name was Shaq-fu at one time- for real.

15. Swishh

Swishh Member

instagram.com/theretireddroneal

just look at shaq's posts yesterday. this guy flat out hates dwight.

16. JD88

JD88 Member

So, if you play anywhere else but LA or NYC you play in a little town?

The way the people up in ChiTown are killing each other and moving out, Houston will soon be the third largest city in the country, and their metro area is closing in on 8million people.

Point is...

No LA/NYC = You live in a small town.

17. \/|()L/\T()R

\/|()L/\T()R Member

Area wise in the US only LA has a larger geographic stretch that Houston, population we are still # 4 or 5 i believe...I believe we passed up CHI area wise a few years back.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Shaq on Dwight, from our interview: &quot;Whenever you feel pressure you have to face it. It seems to me he keeps running.&quot;</p>&mdash; George Diaz (@georgediaz) <a href="https://twitter.com/georgediaz/statuses/353630816527585282">July 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

A center from this little town destroyed him in the Finals.

BTW:

Little Town"

1. New York, New York (pop 8,213,839)
    2. Los Angeles, California (pop 3,794,640)
    3. Chicago, Illinois (pop 2,824,584)
    4. Houston, Texas (pop 2,076,189)
    5. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (pop 1,517,628)

20. Hack-A-Dwight

Hack-A-Dwight Member

Shaq has 4 rings. He has won.