1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq needs to leave TNT (updated Chuck to Shaq "Show is better without you"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tinman, May 24, 2017.

?

Shaq should go?

1. yes

151 vote(s)
    84.4%
  2. no

28 vote(s)
    15.6%
  1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The idea that Shaq was unskilled is laughable, but I pray that he is fired from the show.

1) He's hard to understand because he mumbles, unless he's yelling thinking it's funny
    2) He's a media bully. When he has an opinion he tries to talk over the others, shut them down, keeps saying his point under his breath, etc.
    3) He doesn't bring actual analysis to anything
    4) He is child-like in his constant feuding.

The show is worse because of him to the point where I don't watch it anymore.

2. SunsRocketsfan

Shaq is only funny when he's dying of laughter laughing at Chuck's jokes (ie: chuck explaining his wrist band / making fun of fat women in SA). Otherwise they should all be thanking Chuck cause without Chuck no one is tuning in.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Shaq always tries to discredit Barkley's arguments to "You didn't win a championship." Everytime.

It gets a bit tiring, I don't blame Charles for getting personal. Charles knew he wasn't able to win a championship, Shaq brings it up every week.

Agreed.

Chuck is to Inside The NBA what Simon was to American Idol. No one is tuning in if you just take him off the show.

macho GRANDE, RasaqBoi and Patience like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

Vernon Maxwell should be the sideline reporter.

Also, Steve Francis should have a segment where the camera's just follow him around in his day to day life so we can see him get choked by his own chain, arrested for threatening a police officer, blow up at a Subway sandwich shop and rap in the shower.

J.R. and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i would much rather listen to bspn hating on the rockets than to have to listen to shack. do we have to resort to wishing ill upon him to get him off television?

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Tmac is a much better analyst than shaq

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Shaq is horrible and has no humility. Way too much ego. It is a bad look and doesn't mesh with with other on air talent.

Consider this, they tease Barkley ALL THE TIME on that show and he generally chuckles. Now, place Shaq in the same situation, what would he do? It wouldn't end well.

Shaq's entire analysis is "dominate in the paint" and "BBQ chicken alert." Worthless.

8. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Just like Javale situation. Shaq can't stay professional and can't lighten up.
    In Javale situation he shouldn't react, he is in media, he is in power. Much similar here. You should control yourself when you are in power.

split41 and DMO (DJ remix) like this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Who should replace Shaq?

My pick is Webber.

snowconeman22 and ooooaaaah! like this.
  10. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

God, its amazing how fat he got in L.A. I saw him also put a spin move on Zeke like he did on Jordan. Amazing how fast he was. He was the only guy that made it uncomfortable or could even come close to hanging with Hakeem. The rest of the big men where a joke against the Dream. Props to early Shaq because he looks like he sweats grease now not to mention the diarrhea that comes out of his mouth.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

CWebb is overrated.

12. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I second that, I hear a lot of people complain about C Web but personally I like him. BTW, he picked the Rockets to win it all when the brought him in as an analyst for the playoffs in 94.

13. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Yeah, Shaq should go. I thought it was a strange decision to add him in the first place. He isn't a good fit for the show.

macho GRANDE, Richie_Rich and tinman like this.
  14. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Definitely agree with most of you, I thought Shaq was a useless addition from the first day he because a permanent addition to the show.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Shaq can be funny but his immaturity is problematic in the way he's always trying to make fun of people without letting it go after a while.

jae713 likes this.
  16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nobody. They don't need a 4 man team. Have guests take the 4th spot.

Kenny & Chuck do a great job of hating on each other. Always just feels good natured. Shaq just comes off as an arrogant jerk and most of time isn't funny despite being a jokester.

17. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

cant believe it took shaq roasting mcgee all these years for people to see this guy is a bully. I used to always watch inside the nba... NO LONGER since shaq the dumbass has been hired. I tried to give hima chance.. i mean i really did

All those years of inside the nba gone, my favorite episode was with kobe back in 2006. Kobe and chuck had beef but you could hear what the **** they were saying, shaq is just an idiot

mcgee was right when he called shaq a minstrel show, he is by far the darkest, and just so happens to be the dumbest of the 3. whatever happened to chris webber dude was smooth on the mic..

Here is what shaq did top a 5 player in harden last year because he clashed with his agent s buddy dwight coward

---------------------------

Here are the good moments from inside the nba

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

Bring in Metta!!

tinman likes this.
  19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It's much more funnier because Chuck can take it and dish it and Shaq can't lmao.

J.R. likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

So Shaq can dish it but not take it? ;)

Leave it with Ernie, Kenny & Chuck.

Baron, Bosh, Derek Fisher, Grant Hill, Greg Anthony, Kevin McHale, Richard Hamilton, Lisa Leslie, Dennis Scott, Isiah Thomas, Kevin Garnett, ... meh, I can do without.

Those 3 make it what it is (great!). All these other guys, meh, becomes just another NBA pre-game/post-game show. Just like ESPN - bland, boring, Jalen, Chauncey, Michelle.