1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shaq back... (meh...)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Mikeylu, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

heat lose, shaq had horrible numbers.. like 5 pts/5 rebs...

hope yao does a better job coming back from his injury

2. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

Other than the fact we probably won't lose the game that Yao comes back ( :D ), I am not expecting numbers MUCH better than that.

It will be his first game, conditiong, stamina, basic skills will all come into play after such a long layoff time. He obviously won't play regular minutes anyways.

But don't worry about the first game, worry about the first couple weeks, that's all he should need to get it together and we are ready to STEAMROLL THE **** out of ANY team in the WEST in the PLAYOFFS. (barring the Suns)

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i have nothing against shaq, but these kind of stats make me happy.

hakeem really slowed down the last few years and brought his career averages down and ive seen people compare shaq's numbers to his saying shaq was better because of this or that stat.

well that will start to change these last few years when shaq is out there having 12 point 6 rebound games. and that folks makes me happy ;)

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I think Shaq is going to be a 14/7 guy for the rest of this season. Unfortunately, the media will still make excuses for him and still call him the best center in the game.

"Shaq is just coasting until the playoffs"

"Shaq is rusty but you know he is still the most dominant when he wants to be."

"Shaq is still suffering from tonsilitis or he would be putting up 28/14."

Feel free to add your own.

5. langal

langal Contributing Member

"Shaq is being unselfish and making his teammates better."

6. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

Shaq is still the best center. He's just taking it easy until he retires.

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

shaq wants to make his idol hakeem look better.... or something..... :confused:

8. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

here's the one that will annoy us all.

"shaq's impact on the game is why he's still the most dominant. the numbers don't matter."

9. Rockets Dynasty

"Remember the fact that he scores less now is proof that he commanda more attention and dominates the game more than any other player. It is also proof of his great leadership and unselfishness. It is also why I Greg Anthony voted him first team all-NBA center."

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Seriously, why did people vote that ****** into the all star game?!

Damn, I wish he would have gotten traded to a West team. That way, Yao would have been voted in this year and replaced by Amare, then Okur would have been selected by the coaches, sparing us the pain of watching Shaq huff and puff up and down the court for five minutes before he gets yanked in the first quarter.

I have a feeling that Shaq is going to get traded before his contract expires. He'll probably end his career with some last place team and score 10 points in his final game...

11. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

In other news, Pat Riley is said to be "recovering" faster than expected ...