1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shane's Blog] Being ready to upset the mighty Lakers!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BaiHua, May 16, 2009.

1. BaiHua

BaiHua Member

[​IMG]

A little less than 40 we'll be tipping off in the Staples Center trying to do the unimaginable: upset the mighty Lakers! We had a tremendous game in Houston in game 6 to force a game 7. I know that we have talked about how resilient our team is and how much heart they have, but even I am amazed at what we continually fight through to achieve. We really have a great group in our locker room. You can read the shock on the Lakers face, they thought that this would be an easy series for them and that they would not have to play very hard to beat us. Especially when Yao went down, it seemed like the entire world, including the Lakers, thought that we would go away quietly. We always talk as a group that it is not about one person, we have a team and we will win or lose as a team. This sounds like an obvious statement, but you would be surprised at how few teams talk about being team. I am lucky to be on a team that does!

I know the Lakers will come out hopping on Sunday. They will throw everything they have at us. They will try to come out especially fired up in the first quarter. We have to be ready. Kobe will try to put his personal stamp on game 7. It will be up to me to try to slow him down, which is always a difficult task. I will just try to make him work extra hard and make him make a number of tough shots under tough conditions. That's all I can do. Wish me luck!

Shane

link

2. rhee

rhee Member

shane is the quintessential sportsman. do they still give awards for that? :confused: myb a merit badge or two. :)

3. dudnaito

dudnaito Member

the heart and soul of the team.