1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shane battier and chase budinger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCHAMP, Dec 15, 2010.

?

Chase and Shane's future

Poll closed Dec 20, 2010.
  1. Shane will be traded soon

37 vote(s)
    25.2%
  2. Chase will be traded in a package

85 vote(s)
    57.8%
  3. No, this move is just to improve this team's depth

25 vote(s)
    17.0%
  1. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

With the new addition of terrence williams, Do you think morey is planning to trade either battier or budinger in a package...Im not saying that this is going to happen but it may be very likely considering Morey past moves....What are your thoughts :)

2. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Thread worthy?

But yes i believe shane will be dealt b/c he is an expiring as well as jeffries

3. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

yea i have a feeling morey is saving jeffries' contract for some type of big deal..since he is an expiring

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

seems to me it was just a move morey couldnt pass up. Low risk, high reward. We're "set" 1-3 at the backup and starting spots, but TW is versatile enough to get minutes at different positions, so he's not stuck anywhere really. I really can't see any player who's part of the rotation getting traded unless they're part of a major trade and that's not a likely scenario when Iggy is probably the only "available" star out there and he may not get traded afterall.

5. Prince

Prince Member

What's the smiley for?

6. herro

herro Member

I'm thinking Chase gets moved. I imagine Shane Battier's personality shines as he takes a reasonable offer commensurate with his age and performance trends.

7. tofu--

tofu-- Member

Budinger isn't even worth a bag of doritos at this point.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Shane is gone at the end of the season, regardless of a trade. Shane's contract ends this season and Morey has not offered an extension.

9. thino

thino Contributing Member

trade shane pleaseeeee!

10. delta69er

delta69er Member

I'm pretty certain thats because he has a policy of not ever offering an extension to anyone (we went thru this with AB in the preseason), especially now with the uncertainty of next season and the looming lockout.

On the other hand, we wouldnt get fair market value for bud right now, hes playing atrocious, and we would probably just get offered a 2nd round pick or something for him. Battier, though not very effective on the court, is still valuable in the eyes of morey/les/RA, thus probably will not be traded.

I think there is a trade looming, and I could be wrong here, but I have absolutely no idea what goes on in the head of daryl morey

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

:confused:

12. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

after tonight's game :eek: wow, how about both.

13. co-nan

co-nan Member

We still need Battier.
    But I am almost losing patient with Budinger. Why does his offense drop so sharp? Plus his no defense, he does no good to the team.
    Last game I thought his feeling came back, it proved I am wrong.

14. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'm a Bud fan but he will have one great game and 5 or 6 crappy ones. Now that we have an actual alternative, things should get interesting. I can see Bud being part of a deal, actually think Battier will stick around...they just love him.

15. albuster

albuster Member

If you base any move on tonight's game, DM might as well trade the whole team.

16. Raven

Raven Member

I don't see Morey selling low.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Twill actually likes Battier and admires how he play(ed) defense. If anything keep Shane around to keep the guy humbled, grounded.

Chase is shooting 28% from 3 point, Chase is therefore useless as he was drafted to be a shooter and can't shoot.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm thinking maybe the pressure of having to do "something" to help the team is getting to him during the season. He was fine during the preseason when expectations were high for the team. Now maybe he's trying to hard to make his shots. Young players are more easily susceptible to things like that.

19. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i can't see budinger improving to be a solid role player because his defense is always an issue. he's also not automatic like kyle korver, who i like to compare him to.

20. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

We'd probably get more value out of Williams at this point.

Battier's defensive game is slowing down, from best in the NBA to above average. Budinger is still very much an inconsistent bench player and not really worth much to most teams with naything worth trading for.