1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Rockets balance of styles and stars to mark this summer in Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 23, 2019.

1. PWR

PWR Member

True. Now, lets factor in those long rebounds on all those missed threes causing alot of fast break opportunities for the opposing team.

kjayp, smp and bmelo like this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who are u? Stop gassing yourself up...

javal_lon and YOLO like this.
  3. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Are you so sure this is a net negative? Do rebounds from missed threes lead to more transition opportunities for the other team? Do they lead to more offensive rebounds for our team? And by how much?

seeingred and HP3 like this.
  4. PlayBall

PlayBall Member

"According to Charania, there was a “clash of styles brewing” in the Rockets organization throughout the season, with Paul looking for more ball movement. It seems to have bubbled over in the 118-113 home loss to the Warriors in Game 6."

So maybe more than a heat of the moment, tough loss thing? Sounds like it might have been building for months.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

It’s not a flaw if we can get wins this way do you think Harden and his isos is the main reason(or even a reason) we lost this series?The answer is no. And fwiw he can be faster Ive seen it. Still Harden needs to be better in the 4th he’s not without blame just like everyone else.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

It's rebounding, people. Rebounding.

7. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

blah blah blah

ballsohard likes this.
  8. ballsohard

ballsohard Member

I can hear Paul saying that lol

whiskeyred likes this.
  9. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

That would be reflected in an increased FG% for teams playing the Rockets, versus when they play everyone else,, right? But isn't the opposite true? I thought---and please show the data if I'm wrong---that the Rockets were actually one of the better defensive teams in the league. Especially after 'Melo got cut loose.

You're not going to get an argument from me that the Rockets need to shoot threes better. You will get an argument if you think that switching from 3 pt shots, to 2 pt shots that aren't shot at a % that is better than 1.5 times their 3 point percentage, will make their offense better.

HP3 likes this.
  10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Pace too, isn't it? If the Rockets do play slower than almost every other team in the league, they'll take fewer shots than all of those teams, right?

HP3 likes this.
  11. deshen

deshen Member

in general, the chance is better to grab defensive rebounds by other team than offensive rebounds by yourself.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

You will not make James play faster or slower than he wants! ;)

"I’m at my own pace. You’re not going to make me play faster than I want to play. Most guys speed up. I need to get to point A, I’m going to get to point A when I want to get point A. When I need to change direction to get to point B, it’s when I need to go to point B. "

Stormy1234, Easy and Vivi like this.
  13. smp

smp Member

McHale learned that lesson the hard way. The ball was sticky whether he wanted that or not.

14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The sad thing is, Harden is pretty good at cutting to the basket - but he just doesn’t want too

Stormy1234 likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I actually forgot this quote, pretty sure you posted it already in the past...and some people still say it's Morey who's forcing Harden to play the way he does, lulz

16. dmoneybangbang

I think the Rockets would be at their best with Harden averaging 26PPG 12APG

17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Wonder what Harden will add to his repertoire this off-season to manipulate rules..... Maybe a leaning forward free throw to draw lane violations..

18. biff17

biff17 Member

Why is that hard to believe.

he has the stats for it.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i eagerly await the stepback floater

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Like I said before. So does cousins and his are better. But he’s no hall of famer