1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Shams) Kawhi Leonard wants out of San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I just threw up

2. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

if he wants to go back to LA... I hope they trade him to the Clippers... F*CK THE LAKERS

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

New York is another place Kawhi wants to go to, New York has a First Rounder. Not many assets there either.

5. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

The Spurs will make out like bandits in a deal... IF he doesn't limit his choices to one team... makes demand for his services go way up...

6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Uh, no. Boston can easily beat the best Lakers offer. If LeBron decides to go to Philadelphia, the Spurs could get Simmons for Kawhi. The Lakers aren’t in any drivers seat here. Did you learn nothing from the Paul George situation last year? Teams will still trade for Kawhi and gamble he will stay.

The Lakers also have to renounce Randle to be able to offer two max free agent contracts. Then they have to attach first round picks to Deng to get his 18 million off the books..

BigO and Caesar like this.
  7. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

Would Spurs be ok with trading Kawhi to Sacramento? The question is would SAC be ok with potentially throwing away a number 2 pick for a year rental (who I doubt would want to resign there). SAC has been bad for years though so maybe they won’t mind.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

All I care about is this ****ing up us getting Paul George or LBJ.

Other than that Spurs are due for any kind of bad luck.

9. DVauthrin

Boston beats that package in two seconds. They have great draft picks and better young talent than the Lakers. If LeBron commits to Philly, they could deal Simmons for Kawhi. That’s better for the Spurs, too.

10. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

He can make it up but i think he just means kawhi has lost 80 million in guaranteed money. He can make that up and more but it isnt guaranteed.

Hard to walk away from 80 million guaranteed. 1 bird in the hand worth 2 in the bush and all that type of bs.

I personally dont think the spurs even offered him the supermax though. Hard for me to think he’d turn that down. Cant wait for the story to drop to see if he was even offered the supermax by san antonio

11. DVauthrin

The Celtics would laugh at such an offer for Kyrie. They can simply deal a combination of Rozier, Tatum, Brown and lottery picks to get Kawhi themselves.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is the biggest question in the end, how much he wants to be in L.A?

Anyway, what do you think your team is going to do if Kawhi gets traded? Rebuild or they'll try to stay competitive lokking if it's possible to get Irving back?

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

If Kawhi leaked this out himself and he hasn’t even sat down with Pop/Spurs yet could he be using this media storm to get the super max offer after all? 80M loss is a lot of money to lose...

15. jacoby

jacoby Member

He could probably just tell them "give me the supermax or trade me" instead of being a prick about it.

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lmao the Kings

17. DVauthrin

It really doesn’t matter to Boston how much Kawhi wants to be there. They are so overloaded with young talent and future lottery picks they can take the gamble for a year, hope to win a title, and still keep their longterm outlook bright.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

What is the real story here? We already know Kawhi has a "camp" which included certain members of his family and his family wants him to come back home to LA to play. I mean - that's certainly a story but there is a BIG difference between Kawhi wanting to leave the Spurs and leaking it to his camp and specific members of his camp(family) wanting him to come to LA. The reporting so far seems to imply its his camp that wants him to come to LA and not specifically him.

Put it like this, if a reporter asked my Mom after college where I was going to move I can guarantee you her answer would have been "back home"...but that isn't what I did...

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

He could, but you are also talking about a guy who just sat out the entire season and did not attend any of his team’s playoff games (even just the ones in SA). I don’t think he minds nor cares about the optics.

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is not true, for me at least.

If they know they can resign him they might be willing to trade Tatum, Brown, the Kings pick...i mean, i can see anything being available in that scenario, and rightfully so. But if Kawhi doesn't commit, Ainge is not giving up his best assets, you can bank on this, just like he didn't with George.