1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden and Westbrook don't travel with Rockets to Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 9, 2020.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

snowconeman22 and Batman Jones like this.
  2. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Just depends. Healthy people dont really have any after effects.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

I now wonder if the Oklahoma Outlaws were from the future.

[​IMG]

Scarface likes this.
  4. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How many years have you traveled into the future to verify this?

IvanLCPM, malakas, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

U do know that this is a novel virus right? I think healthcare professionals who have actually been in the field and been taking care of these people have taken things like faulty testing into account.

6. magichat281

magichat281 Member

ME! i caught it bro. People in this thread know i caught it and i feel normal now. No cough no sneezing and i dont have running nose or anything. took me about a month for full recovery and not feel anything at all. I tested positive and now test negative.

7. bobrek

You never answered my question. How do you know that there isn't anything internally that has been affected that may not crop up for a few years? How do you know that long term damage hasn't occurred in your heart or lungs? Pneumonia has been known to cause long term affects, why not COVID?

8. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Jeeez. Imagine a virus sooooo terrible that you need to be tested to know if you have/had it.

9. magichat281

magichat281 Member

I dont go by what doctors said. I go by personal experience. The doc will tell you only you know your body better than anyone else. If you feel something is wrong go to the hospital or doctor. Through my personal experience theres nothing wrong with me. Theres nothing wrong with people that hopped off that cruise half a year ago almost from japan that came home to us. Just depends on the person like i said. All those people who are getting worse are old and have underlaying illness. This basketball season is not gonna be 10 years long so dont worry about it. Hes gonna play fine this season when he returns. Not everyone that gets covid gets Pneumonia just fyi.Just like does everyone get Pnumonia when they get the FLU?

#69 magichat281, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  10. bobrek

You seem very confident that you have not suffered any long term. You have no idea what will happen down the road. Hopefully 10+ years from now you can say "I told you so".

You also seem very flippant concerning other people's health and the long term affects on them. Sure, THIS season isn't 10 years long long but there are other seasons to come. Much more importantly, Harden should have 50+ years left to live. And you seem to only care about Harden's next 2-3 months.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...s-for-players-who-test-positive-for-covid-19/

From the article

"Last month, Dr. Dermot Phelan, cardiologist and Director of the Sports Cardiology Center at Atrium Health's Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute told CBS Sports, "we have data from hospitalized patients that show between seven and 33 percent of people will have some cardiac injury after getting COVID-19."

UTSA2step, malakas and D-rock like this.
  11. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Bro. 10 years from now? I could die from a car wreck or drown by riptide in at beach, I can give two cents. Im gonna live my life to the fullest until that time comes and if it comes. Im not gonna stress myself for 10 years everyday of my life thinking about it. I got things i gotta do than worry whats gonna happen in 10 years. When that day arrives then ill figure out a solution. Day by day let the chips fall in place. Try your best everyday dont worry about whats gonna happen in 10 years.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

There is almost certainly at least temporary immunity. If they get it now, there is almost no chance they will be infected again during the season or playoffs.

13. bobrek

Good for you... regardless of your outlook, others are extremely concerned about long term affects. You figure out a solution for you and others can figure out a solution for themselves. I support all athletes who are concerned about their current and future health. You are coming across as someone who is only concerned about their health for the next 2-3 months since "the season isn't 10 years long".

UTSA2step likes this.
  14. magichat281

magichat281 Member

LOL GOOD FOR YOU TOO, such a caring person for the people who makes 100s of millions dollars. Donate me some money so i can invest for my death bed in 10 years, since you re such a nice guy. Im gonna die right? send me some money. They already got millions prepared for a doctor, im gonna need some money if you on the dot. You are right we gonna die in 10 years send me some money bro.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

the point is that u are in no position to say that healthy people don’t really have any after effects

this is a novel virus...u have no idea what the potential long term effects could be for people who recover from this virus years down the line...nobody really knows

don’t state stuff as fact when u really have no clue whether or not it’s true

16. magichat281

magichat281 Member

you have no evidence that millions of people are gonna have complications in 10 years. Dont say stuff and make people worried. If theres no facts dont say nothing. Stop saying things that what you think. Like i said earlier if you feel sick then go see a doctor you know your body better than anyone else. Dont say you gonna have problems and might die in 10 years. Thats not something people want to hear, you might die in ten years. Man no one wants to hear that. If someone tells you that you might die in 10 years, whats your reply bro. Im nice about it already.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

“if there’s no facts then don’t say nothing“...lol, go ahead and take your own advice then

nobody said millions of people will have complications...we don’t know the long-term effects...there could be none, there could be some...WE DON’T KNOW...not sure how many times this needs to be said

the only one trying to pass off opinion as fact is u

I’m not concerned about what people want to hear

I also like how “we don’t know the long-term effects” equates to “you’re gonna die in 10 years”

stop it with the hyperbole please

#77 Reeko, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    Rocks92 likes this.
  18. bobrek

You sure do read a lot of stuff into what I never said.

UTSA2step likes this.
  19. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Its being sarcastic. SMH. For a person thats gonna tell me im about to die possibly in 10 years. You think we can have a friendly conversation?

20. magichat281

magichat281 Member

Do you want to hear that you may die in 10 years? If someone told me i may have problems and die in 10 years in person im gonna be a heated person i dont know about you.