1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shams: Harden and Westbrook don't travel with Rockets to Orlando

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Jul 9, 2020.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

2. fattz

fattz Member

Random positive thought about this if there can be one. An offense that features a health and happy Gordon will only help this offseason. Would LOVE to see EGo have 3 or 4 50 point games and average 30 plus. Gordon’s play would help us BIG time by raising his trade value through the roof. Or a sign and trade for Rivers, too... because the cap is going down and IF his value increases... Maybe we could possibly profit off him vs him just walking. Win for him and us. Would much rather see our stars than but all is not loathing lost if we don’t.

3. stilldr34amin'

Call me when they don't eat with the team. Then we know we're in trouble a la 2014!

BigShasta likes this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They can always self isolate in Katy

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

All I know is that if BOTH Harden and Westbrook dont go, there is no point to the rest of the team being there.

saleem likes this.
  6. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Oh great did Harden give RW the rona

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Probably. There's no reason for them not to travel with the team. And they both have to known that the immediate suspicion will be they have the 'rona. So yeah, odds are they are singing, My c'rona

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Man, I hope they don't gobert it to the rest of the team.

Russ should be OK, though. COVID19 cannot infect a body made of solid bricks.

Astrodome and BigShasta like this.
  9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Are there any reports of players deliberately getting infected, with time to recover and quarantine, so they can avoid getting DQ'd from Orlando? If I were a young athlete confident in my immune system, and if there were no penalty for testing positive for antibodies, I would seriously consider that. (I'm not saying this calculation makes sense for ordinary people. Don't try this in your own home! I'm talking about NBA players who are focused on this finite, high-stakes competition.)

10. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

nurse here. def could get it twice and even more once you're "healed". there's no definite study regarding how effective antibodies currently are to fighting against covid, but ive seen patients come in positive, we test them twice and they become negative, then get readmitted a few weeks later positive again.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Deliberately get infected? So am I to assume that they also wouldn’t care about passing it on to others in their family? People forget that KAT’s mom actually died.

BHannes2BHonest, D-rock and 34to11 like this.
  12. RocketsFan0

RocketsFan0 Member

Troll comment or not, please don't do this. It doesn't matter how healthy the individual is with no comorbidities, Covid is covid. They can be asymptomatic and still not know the long term health issues this may pose. No one wants to be intubated. Someone even stated KAT's mom died of this disease.....

D-rock likes this.
  13. MONON

MONON Member

Thanks for the info!

D-rock and saleem like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Because he isn't flying to Orlando either. This is suggestive that he might have acquired Covid-19 too.

9baller likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Reports of a nurse in Colorado being infected in the early days (around March) and then being infected again soon after.

https://www.9news.com/article/news/...orado/73-772b5764-a15b-46b7-8946-c88f30397955

I believe other such cases; but this case reinforces your claim or observation.

Edited: I heard it was the nurse that had her own clinic....perhaps this is another woman.

#35 ApacheWarrior, Jul 10, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  16. Mr.Pringles

Mr.Pringles Member

Nothing keeping Beard out of da club

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

A morbidly obese black man with asthma self infecting with Covid would be a terrible idea.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Austin rivers has low key been cut and the public has not been notified awaiting next of kin notice! The team is cautionous to avoid pissing off his daddy!

Rivers leaving the team is non consequential move in right direction!

#38 smoothie_king, Jul 10, 2020
  19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

What virus have you ever heard of that you can get twice in that short of a time span? Yes, I realize we need a yearly flu shot and sometimes boosters. But, wouldn't you think that it was rather a result of faulty testing, or as has been recently discovered, them possibly contracting both versions of the virus, the D614 and new G614?

20. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

How desperate is Mike d'antoni to put himself through so much trouble and he not under contract at this point.

D'antoni close to 70 years old and desperate than a mutha-phucker!

#40 smoothie_king, Jul 10, 2020