1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams] Ariza did not give Rockets a meeting in FA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Dec 17, 2018.

1. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

He already knew Houston wouldnt pay him. I think this is misleading.

2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You have a hard time believing verified insiders who do this for a living?

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

What? What do extensions, renegotiations, buyouts, etc of existing contracts have anything to do with what we are discussing.

We are discussing free agents negotiating new contracts before their existing contract expires.

I mean, there are entire sections of the Collective Bargaining Agreement that discuss the differences between altering existing contracts and negotiating new ones.

5. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Good. Now let's let sleeping arizas lie. (Media)

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

id say ariza's pending future and the rockets talking about that with him has plenty to do with it. nobody said anything about formal actual negotiations. in no way does if have to be that way to know everything ariza needs to know about what the rockets were going to offer or what the plans are.

7. riko

riko Member

Because Morley was going after Paul George and Trevor felt slighted

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

organized mass communication spreaders creating a treacherous secret plot

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ariza didn't wanna be here whether it was because of money or fit. People need to let him go instead of acting like a jealous ex.

topfive likes this.
  10. heypartner

Let's not get into semantics. Allow me to restate the discussion:

It's illegal to negotiate salary of new contracts prior to July 1st. Ppl in this thread are talking about how Ariza knew the dollar limits of what we'd offer? Whether you want to call it "formal" or not, the discussion is about whether Morey/Ariza had already discussed salary. That's illegal.

You can say we broke the rules, and that teams do it all the time. That's fine, but I find no proof or leaks of FAncy salary talks prior to July 1st. If you're going to change the subject that we only talked in generalities like, We want to resign you, and You are very important to the team, and RunItBack plans ... then I'd agree. Those are all legal comments ... and that generalized wording is actually in the CBA.

topfive likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

i didn't change the subject. ive been on the same topic from the beginning. I asked you a simple question then you make it more than what it was without even answering it. just going on this whole other tangent of formalities. It makes plenty of sense Both parties talked in some form or fashion and on multiple occasions. you're free obviously to believe what you want

12. heypartner

I answered the question. I said No.
    • I'm having trouble following your recent posts because you confused Extensions with new Contracts.
    • I explained Extensions are a different subject.
    • Then you said "formal", like I'm supposed to know what that means, so I attempted to clarify (using CBA terminology) your meaning to align that word "formal" with the subject of discussion
    The discussion is ppl said Ariza knew our upper limit prior the start of free agency negotiations, and I said that would be illegal for him to know that.

You don't have to agree, but am I not clear what I'm saying is legal and not?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

i know we dont. im on the side that believes Ariza knew at the very least the realistic range of what houston would give him. and I see no reason why he wouldn't

14. heypartner

Yeah, I'm sure he felt confident that Suns were overpaying him for a year. I agree.

To add to that: We have sources in the past saying the Facetime offer from the Suns Owner was presented as take it or leave it, Now....or I'd expect him to shop for half a day like Redick did for his 1yr $20m. Those sources implied Ariza had to make a formal Verbal Agreement (albeit, technically non-binding, see Deandre Jordan). To me, that aligns with Shams reporting that Ariza wouldn't entertain Morey and Paul trying to get him to pull a Deandre Jordan renege.

That's all. That's my take on the OP vid. We didn't get the opportunity to make our offer.

YOLO likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Makes me wonder that the offer Houston shot at Trev must have been straight up disrespectful. I'm sure both sides discussed some money before FA and they were that far apart.

16. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

How many seasons have we had with Ariza this time around? Look if they were that serious in signin him they would have discussed this before the season even ended last year.

17. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Dude goes 0-11 in game 7, cries in the locker room after the game and then bolts with no meeting to run it back? Shame on him

18. icewill36

icewill36 Member

phoenix has been playing better without him

19. TheSource

TheSource Member

Honestly who cares let’s focus on who we have now

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

After his game 7 performance, Morey was probably like you owe US money LOL!!