1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shameless Plug] My playbook videos for cfnet linked to by NBA.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Sep 18, 2017.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

And here I thought only CFnet watched my vids...and only a few of you at that. hehe

In Aldridge's article about Rockets being under the radar, he spends a lot of time talking about plays MDA could run with Paul and Harden, with links to YouTube videos. At first I thought, OK, who's pedestrian and probably incorrect play vids did he link to this time.

Then ... shocker ... it was me. Lulz. He linked to mine in 2 of the 3 he posted. Pretty surprising he searched the net rather than using something from a more "reputable" source.

Pretty cool, 'eh.

Here's the excerpt from his article, with the links.

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/09/...tly-restock-contender-chris-paul-james-harden

The Rockets were good in horns, too, with Harden eviscerating defenses the same way Paul did in L.A. -- rim runs for Clint Capela, open looks for Ryan Anderson and getting free himself off the initial pass via the “elevator” look

Mine are first, two. Click the highlighted links.

(Disclaimer: the one where I use TNTs breakdown, only the first play is Horns. MDA has more refined names. If you watch the Clippers versions in the article, you can see how much better MDA designed the plays to be more than just stationary double high Bigs vs Doc Rivers' simple Horns. I often just called it a 3-man PnR on the bbs to emphasize that we don't just run a regular PnR with Capela, we pull the PF into the play a lot for a 3-man version, which has roots in Horns.)​

CCity Zero, Yung-T, robgue and 30 others like this.
  2. No Chill Rocket

Do you think he used a Hewlett-Packard computer to upload your videos?

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

pay da man

Yung-T and Francis3422 like this.
  4. jch1911

jch1911 Member

@heypartner Next will see you on the bench next to MDA

#4 jch1911, Sep 18, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
    Yung-T, ghettocheeze, RyanB and 3 others like this.
  5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Ask for royalties

Yung-T, ElDobleK and DonKnock like this.
  6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Pretty cool

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Media leeches getting paid for others work

Sue them!

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I've linked your stuff to that other website you and I talked about previously. I've tried telling people that there are tons of eyes on there.

Another Rox fan over there says he know for fact an NBA starter lurks there.

Either way, congrats on your work being appreciated on a higher level. I certainly appreciate the effort you put into your posts.

9. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

HP is always farming likes

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread . . . oh wait

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Nothing wrong with that when the post actually has educational value for fans as opposed to 99% of the threads that only seem to lower the IQ of their readers.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah well NBA.com uses my vids too but only on their premium site not accessible to normal folk

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Haymitch do you have a newsletter? if so I would like to subscribe. please inform.

BigMaloe and Killatron 2000 like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I have full access to everything after I bought holic's lifetime subscription plan.

Not just Yule c, but also the much better yule A and yule B.

alethios, BigMaloe, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Congratulations, heypartner. I think it's a big deal when someone here gets recognized in one form or another by national media, and NBA.com qualifies. I've always enjoyed your analysis. Keep it up!

CCity Zero, zeeshan2, Plowman and 7 others like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yes. It's simple to sign up.

For $1,500 down and $10/month you will be put on the wait list - I only allow 500 subscribers at a time - and once you make that list of 500 subscribers, your monthly fee goes up to $50/month BUT your $1,500 will be fully refunded in the form of funny reaction gifs I've collected over the years. Estimated value of the links to the see gifs is at least $1,500 per me.

At that point you'll be a subscriber to my quarterly newsletter. After 5 years of timely payment you'll be eligible to sign up for monthly newsletter - for a mere $65/month! (Note, this $65/month does not include the $55/month that you must also pay for the quarterly newsletter.)

However I must note that no current level of subscription gives you access to the videos I make. What I offer instead is blurry screenshots of those videos without context.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sounds complicated.

I too plan to restrict membership. I'm thinking of doing a PSL though, since it's simpler to market as everyone already understand the concept.

For $4,000 upfront, you get the option to buy a season subscription each year. I will also allow the PSL owners to resell their season package and transfer their licenses at a profit as their limited number are expected to increase in value each year.

don grahamleone and Os Trigonum like this.
  18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Such blatant trolling of a certain poster going on in this thread... hilarious!

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I need more control than that. I'd be too worried that Woj would buy an aftermarket PSL and start stealing my insider news.

20. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

What's the best way to give you my money?

don grahamleone likes this.