1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sexy Teddy makes his move: Eight is enough, Cruz sez regarding the SC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by wouldabeen23, Oct 27, 2016.

1. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

If there ever was a rallying cry for dems to GOTV this is it people!

We need to crush these clowns, take back the senate and blow up the filibuster on judicial nominations.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I don't believe the party is that insane. Remember, this is Ted Cruz. GOP senators don't exactly love the guy.

He has to say stuff like this to remain in the spotlight because he doesn't actually accomplish anything.

He is an unprincipled, self-promoting grenade launcher, not a leader.

wouldabeen23 and mc mark like this.
  4. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

This isn't coming from Cruz. It's coming from McConnell.

5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

CometsWin likes this.
  6. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I rarely vote in Republican primaries but, when I do, I vote for people who I believe are actually interested in governing instead of posturing. I'll be happy to vote for Michael McCaul in a Senate primary against this self-aggrandizing blowhard who has never actually been interested in representing the people of Texas over his own deluded ambition.

#6 mtbrays, Oct 27, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  7. Anticope

Anticope Member

John McCain said something similar recently too. I mean, if Trump gets beaten badly, would it really surprise anyone if the GOP still learns absolutely nothing from this whole debacle and decides to double down on stupid once again? Fortunately, if Trump gets beaten badly enough there's no way the Republicans hold on to the Senate.

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Two years ago, if you had asked me to write up a plan to implode the Republican party, nominating Trump and stonewalling the Supreme Court nomination process would have been items #1 and #2.

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Elections have consequences, unless Republicans lose them then they'll bring the government to a crawl to punt on those consequences until they lose the next election.

10. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

This is what I'm saying about Trump as a Republican! If Republicans can F up the presidential nomination so bad that Trump is the result, imagine their countless smaller decisions that are utter fiascos. Supreme Court is another example of the GOP acting like children. I shudder to think of the level of incompetence, immaturity, and selfishness with which the GOP make countless decisions as members of Congress.

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Other republicans have already said they won't support this. This will be the next Cruz led nonsense that gets more republicans labeled rinos.

When Cruz and his ilk are done the republicans will be nearly extinct in national elected seats that aren't voted on in mid terms

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We all wish. The same primary system that purged moderates and drove in Trump will still be around.

2020 is the cycle year to circle, where census redistricting determines how heavily gerrymandered things will be for either party.

By then maybe there will be some campaign finance reform? Maybe, maybe no

13. Nook

Nook Member

Nope, the Republican Party in 2016 IS that insane.