1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seriously, what is wrong with Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 7, 2008.

1. ILoveTheRockets

We need to find Perkins and steal Yao's mojo from his pocket. Someone get me a plane ticket to Boston ASAP.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Then he needs to get tougher mentally...and grow up....this is a man's game and he is the biggest man on the court, he needs to play like it.

DD

3. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Agree, he's in a slump big time, but he still needs to rebound, block shots and finish off his point blank dunks. He has to make up for it in other areas.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it always takes yao time to get his timing, i suspect now is the same issue. Come December we should see the more effecient yao that we know.

5. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

This thread is typical early season panic. The entire offense as a whole is struggling. It's not just Yao. They just need more time together. In the NBA you can not draw real conclusions based on two games of play. You just can't. I remember there were seasons when Tracy shot so poorly to start the year, and about a month later he was playing at the superstar level again.

The bottom line is if Roy doesnt make that desperation three, this thread doesnt exist. Winning cures all.

6. DaDakota

Actually this thread still exists because Yao looks lost out there. I get your point about the offense but this is more about what is going on with Yao.

He looks indecisive and seems to be thinking more than reacting.

DD

7. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well this isn't the year that we need wait for yao to come around. If we want a good playoff position, we need to start beating these teams now. Playoff positioning is very important for us to get a good seat. NO isn't going to slow down for us.

8. DaDakota

Exactly......I think inserting Artest into the starting lineup is screwing things up more than we know......it is clogging the lane.....

I am now on board with moving Artest to the bench with AB to get more continuity in the starting lineup.

DD

9. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Hopefully he can react and beat the hell out of Chris Kaman. You remember the Youtube video?

10. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

dont expect yao too much. tbh hes overrated and goin down. trade him ASAP gg.

11. CheezeyBoy22

Supporting Member

Too bad we couldnt' do that now and put Artest on the bench. He's soo much better with Hayes, AB, Barry, and Landry. We saw that the other day when we played the Mavs. He was great. Having him in the starting line up is throwing off Yao and Tracy.

With the Celtics, KG, Pierce, and Allen have a different type of game from each other. Allen is a shooter. Pierce is a slasher and drives to the basket. KG plays a low post game. T-mac, Artest, and Yao are post up players. Well T-mac and Artest can drive to the basket but I think you know what I'm talking about.

12. diablox

diablox Member

Yao is even much more hesitant than his rookie year, where's the 'pick and shoot'? It's very effective and could some kind of save his engery. What I've seen this season is Yao get the ball and wait the defender to come and then play one-on-one, sledom just turn and shoot.

Maybe he is tired from the olympics but it's months ago, to be a man, Yao, Yes you can!!

13. killlogan

killlogan Member

Yao is old, but still valuable in attracting attentions and money from china. our team is the favourite in china just because yao is playing for us, keeping yao means keeping recieving fortunes eternally form a country who's a deposite as huge as 2 trillion dollars. But why do they store quite a huge amount of money? Because"you should always keep a nest egg at home in case of a rainy day"? Please stop talking about trading yao, les isn't gonna agree that.

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Thta is a good question. What really happend to Yao? Just watch Mavs game and 2 games later he is a completly different player.

Rythm?

No, because he looked great at the beggining. He was playing on a very nigh level, he was ballin' so it is surely nothing about his rythm.

Confidence?

I don't thinks that's that either. When you are confident you just don't lose it after one bad play. Situations like that just doesn't happen. He was confident at the beggining even of Boston's game, and since he got those 2 quick ones he has changed.

Injury?

Damn I hope not...

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

We have been waiting for Yao to come around for how many years now? If he isn't injured, there is no excuse for the very poor, nonaggressive play. He looks like a rookie who is lost; he is a veteran.

16. akiracy

akiracy Member

does no one believe it has something to do with the new plan to get yao more rested by letting him skip out on practices?

17. getRED2008

getRED2008 Member

thats rite. but champion or money u only can choose one, no wai we can win teh championship with yao.

18. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Agreed. Funny how so many make excuses for Yao and TMac but the same people don't make excuses for Kobe, Lebron, KG, etc. The fact is, that Yao has never gotten out of the first round and it appears he may not ever. IMHO, that is not the trademark of a great NBA player. It is not even the trademark of a good NBA player. It is the trademark of a mediocre NBA player.

19. kingk0ng

kingk0ng Member

Oh man don't say that! Yao's loyal followers will demand that you get demoted to rookie or even banned. God forbid if somebody point out a fault in Yao's game.

20. Htown57

Htown57 Member

I do think this has a lot to do with adjusting to the offense and adjusting to Ron. The court spacing is different with ron as opposed to battier, and Yao hasn't gotten as many touches on the left block where he wants it. Give it time.