1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Season tickets to the Express

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by DaDakota, Apr 10, 2005.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

This year I got Season tickets with a group of friends to the RR express, the Astros AAA team.

Today I went down to watch Carlos Hernandez pitch....I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the future or hopefully the past.

Sadly, he looked terrible. He was not fooling anyone.....gave up 3 home runs, and numerous other hits in about 3 innings of work.

His velocity is just not there, I think his career may be over.

Other than that, the Round Rock team looks a lot like the Astros, light hitting and good pitching.

DD

2. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I realized his career was over about three years ago... I met him and Richard Hidalgo (on numerous occasions) at a now closed cuban restaurant in old-town Pasadena that my buddy's family owned. Hidalgo would eat there pretty much every day before a game (no wonder he was fat) and we over heard Hernandez telling Hidalgo it may take years for his arm to get back to normal... if ever.

3. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I was there, too, yesterday. Carlos probably is done. There were no cheap hits off of him. Everything was hit very hard. I couldn't see the mph board from where I was sitting, but he couldn't have been throwing harder than 84-85 mph.

Jeremy Griffiths looked good out of the pen. Without him, it would have been much worse than 6-3.

4. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Poor guy, one mistake and his career is over.

5. Svpernaut

Not even a mistake, just a freak accident... I feel for the guy, he had good stuff before the shoulder injury.

6. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

off the wall question...now that Round Rock is AAA and Corpus Christie is AA, what happens to the Zephyrs?

7. Svpernaut

The Zephyrs are now the AAA affiliate of the Washington Nationals.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

That's good...I guess it's better to be a minor leaguer for a crappy team than a decent team...

OK, so then what happened to the Expos AAA team? Somewhere, there has to be a team that doesn't exist anymore

9. Svpernaut

I think the Expos WERE the AAA team ;-)

10. Al22ex

Al22ex Member

The Expos AAA team from last season was the Edmonton Trapppers. This was the PCL team that relocated to Round Rock. Since both the Expos and Astros minor league agreements with their AAA clubs ended , The Nationals (Expos) took over the only other AAA club left without an affiliation in New Orleans. SO basically the teams fliflopped AAA franchises

11. baytownson

baytownson Member

You're right. Edmonton no longer has a team.

12. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Also, the Texas League added the Springfield Cardinals (STL) and dropped the El Paso Diablos. The Diablos are now an independent franchise. The D'Backs moved their AA team to Tennessee (where STL had just left).