1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Seahawks interested in Duane Brown?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DaBeard, Oct 9, 2017.

1. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Avril might be done for the season.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...ve-to-improve-offensive-line-through-a-trade/

With the NFL trade deadline looming at the end of this month, the always-aggressive Seahawks continue to seek ways to upgrade their offensive line. The issue has been acute in recent years and, though the team is handicapped to a degree by a lack of cap space, league sources said they have been proactive in their pursuits for weeks.

Several general managers said they expect the Seahawks to focus their attention now on Duane Brown, a former Pro Bowl left tackle who has been holding out all season in Houston. Brown intends to end his holdout a week from Monday, when the Texans return from their Week 7 bye. It just so happens that Brown's first game back, if the Texans do not utilize a three-week roster exemption on him, would be at Seattle on Oct. 29, the final game before the Oct. 31 bye.

The Seahawks had previously approached the Bills about their left tackle, Cordy Glenn, but those conversations largely fizzled. While Glenn could be an option to be moved ahead of the deadline -- Buffalo has a plethora of tackles at a time most teams have a scarcity, and the team is high on several of its young linemen -- it would take a considerable haul to land him. That and his high salary made for a poor fit with the Seahawks.

It may result in a far lower-profile transaction before the deadline, but other teams that have been in contact with the Seahawks are convinced of their intent to improve the line, and if Brown is dealt, expect Seattle to have at least made an attempt to land him.

The Seahawks are first in the NFC South and quarterback Russell Wilson is performing at a high level, and better protection for him remains paramount. Some of the Seahawks young linemen are improving, but they are focused on getting back to the Super Bowl and the team has not shied away from bold moves for players like Percy Harvin and Jimmy Graham in the past.​

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Um...u are not getting a 3rd for CJ...LOL. Someone who is going to spend half the season on IR for concussions. This is not madden. You are also not getting a 1st or 2nd for Miller.

kaleidosky likes this.
  4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

WE need DB.

rfrocket and texian like this.
  5. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

No way you trade DB after today.

Offense can get you in the playoffs. Who knows what happens at that point?

texian likes this.
  6. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Defense?

7. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

Bingo!

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

C'mon Rick, swing this loser for an athletic DB and a mid to late pick.

I would not trust Brown near Watson. His actions make it conceivable that he would allow a free run on Watson as spiteful retaliation disguised as a broken football play. Always trust people for who they show you to be. He should never see the field as a Texan again.

Houstunna, deb4rockets and BigShasta like this.
  9. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

What a ridiculous take, Skip.

10. ipaman

On the 1% chance I'm right you would risk our first and only franchise quarterback? Sorry, not worth it imo. He's an asset, use him to strengthen the rest of your team because with Watson and this offense putting up 30 appears easy.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So you're saying it's a conspiracy theory.

12. ipaman

No I'm saying I don't trust Brown (who has shown with is actions no regards for teammates only himself, which is his right) with Watson's blind side. When you consider how long it took us to find a Watson and what Brown has show to be capable of, not worth it.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

You think DB would get Watson hurt on purpose? Nah. I'm sure he loves his teammates but is also looking out for his family to get as much cash as he possibly can. Not mad at him for that. If we were in that situation we might do the same thing. Coaches and players always speak highly of him so it's difficult to see him as some type of jerk.

REEKO_HTOWN and red5rocket like this.
  14. ipaman

99.9% chance I don't think he would but it's not 100% and that's enough for me to keep him away from Watson who is the first and only franchise QB we've ever had. Brown has done things that I didn't think he would ever do so I can't do it with him. Need guys who put in the work and were part of the grind. That work and grind is the assurance that we share the same interests.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hilarious

16. texian

texian Member

Bizarre paranoia.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

If Brown would do something unprofessional and let Watson get hurt, he would basically end his NFL career. No team would touch him and players would not want him on their team.

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

But he MIGHT do it. Just like Bill O'Brien MIGHT purposely get Watson injured to convince the FO that he needs to stay another year to develop him.

That's how conspiracies work, they hide them in plain sight.

19. ipaman

forgot the part where i said disguised behind a broken play. makes it tough to engage you and take you serious if you don't read what i write.

also, the rest of you guys overestimate "goodness" in people and under estimate the power of someone who feels scorned and betrayed. you guys think like naive children, the kind that get eaten alive in the real world.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

The problem with your logic is that it could apply to any of the players or coaches on the team. As far as we know it, Duane Brown has no more reason to hurt Deshaun than Lamar Miller. If he wanted to hurt the team, he would just rack up penalties at the most crucial times in the game. But Lamar Miller could do the same. If Duane Brown still wants to play football, he needs to play his best football now. He will be trying out for next year when he might be playing for another team. No team is going to sign him if he ends a young QBs career intentionally.

I am a Donut and csj like this.