1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scrub Starting Next Game Another Loss Coming

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DJboutit, Oct 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

This why I proposed my inital scenario. Im saying he should be benched if he throws even 1 INT, IMO. Dont care if we are winning or not.

2. Raven

Raven Member

I just wish Kubiak would take Keenum off the inactive list.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm not by any means predicting a win, but I AM predicting KC coming down to earth soon. They've only beaten 1 team with a winning record and that was only because they were playing their backup QB. And 2 of their wins have come against winless teams. They remind me of the 2011 Lions. Started 5-0 then finished the season 5-6 and got smoked in the playoffs.

KC doesn't scare me. If we lose, it will be because we give the game away, not because they're better than us.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Someone call me when TJ or Case starts running the show...

5. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Other than the continued regression (and likely benching) of Matt Schaub, not a lick of this has any bearing on their season. Oh, nos - boos! Grab the women and children and start preparing for 2014!!!

It's just not the season making/breaking game fans are making it out to be. Better if they win it, obviously. But not totally necessary in terms of salvaging the season. Case in point, if they lose to the Rams but beat Kansas City and Indianapolis... they'll be well-positioned at 4-4 (with two more conference wins, including another in the division) to make a pretty legitimate run in the second half with a much more agreeable schedule. Conversely, beating the Rams doesn't mean a thing if they lose to the Colts in three weeks. It doesn't mean much, frankly, if they lose to the Chiefs - although, again, a Chief loss is quickly mitigated with a win against the Colts.

#65 Hey Now!, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  6. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think if Schaub plays poorly, we may be looking at his last game as a starter for the Houston Texans.

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I think he gets, minimum, two more starts. Even if he's bad Sunday and they pull him (which I think they'll do), I still think he'll start against KC (which is a road game, remember).

If we have a new starting QB in week 9, I agree - barring injury, he's done as a Texan. So he basically has two games to convince Kubiak to stick with him. I know most will dismiss the games - but if you think Matt Schaub folds under pressure... well, his NFL career is on the line. Going to be an interesting two weeks.

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I think if he plays poorly against the Rams...and they trot him out to start at KC next week...then my opinion of Kubiak will get worse.

9. Raven

Raven Member

It's Kubiaks all the way down.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If they can't beat the Rams...then why would anyone expect them to win BOTH KC and Indy?

Must win, they are on a 3 game losing streak and really need to turn it around.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

This'll be cool, then I could actually say I witnessed the ending of a career from the luxury boxes at Reliant.

And yes, I am bragging. :grin:

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Enjoy the free booze and fresh baked cookies.

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I dont know if I am rooting for a change after Sunday's game or hoping they wont fall to 2-4. Argh.

Matt is gonna get boo-ed on the very first Texan offensive series. Matt will get benched if he throws a pick 6 in the first half, and lose his job. Matt will lose his job if the Texans fall to the Rams on Sunday. Period. Kubiak will be on the hot seat the rest of the season, as he will be next one axed. I guarantee this!

15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

As much as fans want to Boo Matt Schaub, if he happens to throw a TD pass, the crowd will erupt in support of him. We can't ever forget winning cures ALL. If the Texans win, and he plays well, they'll be talking about how much confidence he has and how we're back on track for the playoffs.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We talked about this before the St Louis game. I'll concede to you.

It's not over yet but we're fighting an uphill battle. I would feel okay tbh if it wasn't for the Cushing injury. Maybe the team will rally around Keenum and Wade Phillips.

Reggie Wayne's loss could hurt the Colts.

17. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Nice bump. lol:mad:

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Barring Andrew Luck getting hurt, the division is gone.

We're, at best, fighting for the 6th seed against the Jets, Titans, Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Steelers, Chargers, Raiders and Ravens.

And you know what? We're staring up at all of them.

19. BleedsRocketRed

No kidding, I read the thread title and nearly fainted... :mad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.