1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scott Brooks on the Vertical Podcast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Feb 9, 2016.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Oh, please. Get off KMc's butt, he was right for this same squad one year ago. Get off the Thibs bandwagon. If he were a baseball manager his starting pitchers would be Billy Martin-ized. Don't know the reference? BM blew out his pitchers years before their time; see: Rose, D.
    Brooks as a good coach for this team? The coach, whomever that may be, will need a great FO relationship and terrific staff. His players will have to buy in, whether they're now on the roster or then on the roster. If Scottie can deliver that + player accountability I'll take my chances with him.

Or whoever can.

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I think Brooks would be nice. He's gotta be somewhat better with x's and o's than KM, and he's definitely a players coach. The problem is, if KD really wanted him to still be there, he would be. That relationship might not be as strong as Brooks thinks it is. At least from a coaching respect.

3. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Its Tom Thibadeau or bust. He's the only one that can truly change the team

4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

No better, if not worse? How so? Hasn't done anything since Harden left? His teams actually performed better after Harden left.

You should really look at their win/loss percentage before you state something as fact (hasn't done **** since Harden). I'm not for or against Brooks, but just trying to be objective...

Here are their win-loss stats AFTER Harden left.

2012-2014, OKC was 119-45. Win % of .725 with appearances in the Semi's and Conf Finals.

So please tell us again how OKC didnt do anything after Harden left?

5. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

This is the internet I don't need your analytics

I come here purely to post all my ignorant & unfiltered thoughts

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

The only person who can truly change this team is the GM. Whoever is brought in as coach. The team would still be in need of a few roster changes.

Looking over the last decade. The times the Rockets have been successful are when they play fast and also at how the game is played in the league today. Pringles would be a much better candidate than Thibs anyway.

7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Your looking at it in an illogical manner. Coaching style can match a player s playing style. It's the difference between Memphis Rudy gay and kings Rudy gay. Some players need a certain coaching style to play to their full potential. I think our coach and staff including McHale have no idea what they are doing and I think we got lucky that harden brewer Ariza and Smith were so hot last year that coaching didn't matter as much except late in the playoffs. I think the rockets never listened to McHale because he was never worth listening to and everyone knew that but they liked him, personally. I think coming out the way they did was indicative of a team that got to confident and didn't have a real coach to keep them focused because they never had a real coach they constantly played well in spite of him.

8. beardsanity713

well said spurs are a perfect example that a good coach with a proper system can unlock players potential

9. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This might be the most idiotic thing I've ever seen. :confused:

10. J.R.

J.R. Member