1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[School Fight] Lamar High School

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CheezeyBoy22, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Oh okay, because by bussed in I thought you meant they came from far away. You just see them dropped off on the bus. They easily could have been bussed in from River Oaks since buses typically pickup kids from adjacent neighborhoods...

2. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Read Jontro's post, brah. He was a grad.

3. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

big ****ing deal, this was a daily occurrence when I went to high school. Sam Houston High School.

4. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

Did you take the panoramic class picture? I happen to have the panoramic. Where's you located?

5. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

Back in our day we had a riot that flowed out into Bissonnet at Sharpstown High. I actually remember Sharpstown Middle as being worse for fights.

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Eh, I feel like teenagers have a much bigger sense of entitlement than in the past. But overall, I suppose everyone grows up eventually.

8. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Weird seeing kids fighting in high school. Rarely saw that after middle school because we either had HPD on/near campus and most of the "trouble" kids were either in jail, juvy, or out causing trouble elsewhere.

also, i think most of the kids didnt want to attract any unwanted police attention so that they could do their drugs in peace.

9. esteban

esteban Member

My previous home was in River Oaks Zip code 77098, we moved to Ft Bend now, much more quiet. Percentage of blacks in 77098 zip code is around 268 (2 %), whites around 10,343 (85 %).

Yeah, it's safe to say those gangstas wannabe are bussed in.

10. bladeage

[​IMG]

11. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I went to Elsik. We had a problem with fights until we instituted a zero tolerance rule. If you were in a fight, they would cart you down to the HPD station and made your parents pick you up from there. We went from almost a 1 fight a day to about 2 fights a year.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm in River Oaks 77027, maybe the percentages are different there.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

LOL
    I love the use of Euphemism . . . . and sideways language
    hehehehehe that isht is so funny to me. . .

For the uninitiated. . he is trying to tell you they started getting black students from a poor area around UofH and TSU . . . heheheheheheheheehheehehehehehe

Rocket River

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

It's in Houston, so it's both.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Gotcha, that is why I was asking, where we live there is a ton of parental involvment and kids have major consequences for this stuff, but in a lot of poorer areas both parents work, if there are even 2 parents and the schools don't get a lot of backup at home.

I thought that might be the case here.

DD

16. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

It's not a big deal. It just makes YouTube look bad because these kids think they can get attention posting fight videos (fake or real). Facebook needs more bad PR because so many people start fights over dumb posts and likes. More girl fights happen today than ever.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Worst fight ever. Even Suburban Katy high schools over here have more "vicious" fights than the ones in that video. Lmao.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Class of '11 right here. There have been plenty of fights at Lamar, but the school isn't that bad.

This right here is an embarrassment.

19. bladeage

true, the most vicious fight i saw was in 8th grade, 2 girls.. one literally beat the other into a coma. destroyed her face, it was pretty gruesome.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'm still wondering what happened in the first video...that big kid came out of nowhere, fell for no reason...what was he doing?