1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SB Nation] Bruno Caboclo Is Finally Ready For The NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

You can’t tell me that we wouldn’t rather have him than Chiozza. The Rockets just give up on young players way too easily.

D-rock, s3ts and arabrocket like this.
  2. basketballholic

The truth is we jumped the gun with Gary Clark. Bruno is the better player and more ready player right now. We should've signed him to a non guaranteed deal when Clark ran out of steam instead of signing Clark. That would have likely led to us forgoing signing Faried too. Which would have wound up being Clark's roster spot later.

Bruno has been ready for a little while. We flat whiffed with all that. Sucks.

fattz and DaDakota like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

HELL YES I WOULD....I wanted him all year......as a big with range.

DD

fattz, DeBeards, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  4. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Has Bruno Caboclo recovered from his injuries?

Is he ready to compete for playing time in the front court? Rockets could sure use his ability to block shots now that the regular season is in its last 20 games.

#64 dfbreyes, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes, played 4 minutes vs. GSW.

He should see some garbage time minutes vs. NYK. I hope he uses that time to dominate, it would make Covington trade even more spectacular if he develops into a rotation player or better.

His guard skills and 7'7 length are crazy intriguing and would be amazing fit for our new system.

thedreamsteam and fattz like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yes he has recovered he even played 4 mins last game.

But we all know how MDA operates Bruno has an uphill battle getting pt over the vets in the team. I doubt he gets more than spot mins unless somebody goes down with an injury.

fattz likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

Everything stated is truth... that said it’s a shame that his potential will wait even longer.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have faith in the kid, just needs to play with energy and dominate in whatever role given to him.

He has the ability to make WOW plays but also needs to focus on the little things, the consistent things, too.

fattz likes this.
  9. fattz

fattz Member

I have faith in him, too; but MDA is the only one that really matters when it comes to playing time. Bruno brings a lot of functional fundamentals that small ball lacks but still can play within a small ball system. He is like an anomaly in many ways. Just hope we get to see it all come together.

cheke64, DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Bruno is finally ready?

All it took was "2 years away from being 2 years away" x 4 and a global pandemic.

They grow up so fast, don't they? *tears up*

fattz and saleem like this.
  12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sad, but true.

fattz likes this.
  13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is soft as a baby’s bottom. He should play in Brazil, China or somewhere in Europe. You can’t teach toughness. I’ve seen many short and skinny guys fighting like hell for the ball against tall and big men.

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have high hopes for Bruno.

Having a frontcourt of PJ, RoCo and 6'9 Bruno (7'7 wingspan) would be much more formidable vs. longer teams like Bucks, Clips, Lakers, Heat, 76ers and Raptors.

Bruno would be a defensive upgrade to 6'6 House (6'8 wingspan).

House would best coming off bench and in backcourt rotation paired with Harden/Westbrook when either sits.

I hope he spent the shelter in place working on improving his strength and lateral explosiveness.

fattz likes this.
  15. fattz

fattz Member

Faith, trust, respect and forgiveness is all that Bruno needs. On the job training with an understanding that his growth will not be overnight. I know he will be a better player sooner than later.

16. OkayAyeReloaded

Agreed, I really hope he worked on his catch and shoot threes and lateral quickness.

If we can have a defensive shot blocker, rebounder who can switch and hit threes during small ball at center it will greatly help.

Tired of getting crushed on rebounds and losing additional possesions when our shooting or transition advantages aren't working. You have to be able to win different ways, including rebounding.

The game will slow down come playoffs and be more halfcourt oriented.

#76 OkayAyeReloaded, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    fattz and D-rock like this.
  17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Bruno also needs a dog mentality. Emulate Russ.

And who better to show him ropes on defensive technique and attitude than Tucker and Covington.

fattz likes this.
  18. fattz

fattz Member

I disagree on him emulating anyone. He needs to be himself at all times and grow from within. Trying to mimic others is just a bandaid of a solution and doesn’t have a lasting effect. If he wants success, he will find success, because he is already successful within himself. He like most is better than one thinks of ones self. His only limitation is him. Just like mine is me and yours is you. Truly Internalized motivation is almost impossible to stop. With his physical being, training, and faith from within—> our X factor.

waytookrzy079 and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree, but until he finds that internal confidence he needs to fake it til you make it.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

#80 ApacheWarrior, May 24, 2020
    Last edited: May 24, 2020
    fattz and D-rock like this.