1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sandals Resorts

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AFS, Mar 13, 2017.

1. AFS

AFS Member

Currently planning a Caribbean resort vacation and looking hard at some of the Sandals resorts scattered around the area. Anyone have any experiences with this company? What was it like?

2. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

The rippin and the tearin

3. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I automatically thought of one of the most underrated Michael Scott quotes "Jan told me to play it cool and not tell anybody because it can get us both in trouble. So officially, I did not see her. But I did see Jan there. In our room. At night. And in the morning. That's all I'm gonna say. Sex. We had sex. I had sex with her. I had sex with Jan."

Rizzy and mrm32 like this.
  4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

That's not Jan, that's a German woman named Urglegrew...

joeson332 likes this.
  5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

That's right, Jan was at Arizona visting her sister.

*kevin's face*

6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I have not been to a Sandals resort, I have been to quite a few Secrets Resorts in Mexico and Jamaica and loved them. I have looked at Sandals in the past but when I do independent reviews the "look" of the resort never matches the promotion "look" which can be true of any resort but that stuck out to me. Have Fun!!

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Best resort I've ever been to (only been to three) was Fiesta Americana in Cozumel. Never stayed at a Sandals or Secrets, though.

No beach, but snorkel heaven. The Explorean, behind it is worth the upcharge.

Maybe trying a new one later this year. Going on my fourth cruise in May.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Been to Sandals once and their family resort Beaches once as well.

We went to Sandals St Lucia for our honeymoon. Most of the other guests were there on their honeymoon as well.

We had a good time. The food was good. The drinks were watered down (which I think they did so no one got too drunk).

9. AFS

AFS Member

I was actually looking at St. Lucia. Which of the three resorts did you stay on? Would you recommend it?

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Sandals Regency. I can recommend but we were there 25 years ago.

AFS likes this.
  11. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Stayed at Sandals Grande St. Lucian two years ago for our honeymoon. Really enjoyed it. Good food, decent drinks, nice beach and amenities.

We bussed over to Halycon (another Sandals in St. Lucia, free shuttle to and from) and it was nowhere near as nice, at least as far as the pool and beach go. Have heard La Toc is nice too.

On the drinks, pro tip is bring your own cup (we had 16oz clear tumblers) and they will fill them up at the bar instead of the tiny little cups that they use.

AFS likes this.
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Yeah, I even have a pic

[​IMG]