1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Samsung Galaxy S III

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by underoverup, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Dianne .

Its on her g plus.

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Completely agreed. This is straight plagiarization.

3. Scionxa

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

5. Scionxa

Yeah, fragmentation is definitely an issue. Even with the alliance that google formed a lot of major manufacturers still aren't timely. (Samsung seems to be getting better but still slow )
    Part of the problem is the carriers, they make it worse. Especially Verizon, they have a new phone every week or two . I guess they feel that more phones equal more chances of someone choosing a phone that fits their needs. Android is also becoming a feature phone OS IMO

6. Scionxa

Its not like I'm writing an article. I simply didn't mention the source. I wasn't trying to imply that I wrote that.

https://plus.google.com/105051985738280261832/posts/2FXDCz8x93s[/QUOTE]

Also, I'd like to clarify that I don't work for Samsung either as someone PMd me asking me that. I'm only 19, and in college so I'm no industry expert. I just like to build roms, and theme them. ( I no longer post on xda) I simply post here trying to help people. If I came off as a pompous know it all , I apologize . If you find mistakes in what I may post, feel free to correct me or call me out on it.

7. Scionxa

sigh. sorry for spamming the thread too. I'm temporarily using a Droid Incredible and Opera totally messed up quotes, etc...

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You should try a gte bag phone

9. Scionxa

lol. Too bad alot of the analog networks shut down. I'd be interested in using one if I had access to one.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

How can you complain about that? You don't have to buy them all.

11. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Right?? Why on gods green earth would this be a problem?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Fragmentation isn't near the problem that alot of the Iphone users want you to believe it is. Most people who buy android phones have zero to little idea about software versions, and those who do are people like me who upgrade often enough to not have to worry about it or find other ways to upgrade without it being a bad thing.

12. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Dude, what happened to your Galaxy Nexus?

The basic argument between Android and iphone is very similar to the argument between Windows and Mac OS. One is imminently more customizable, with greater options for installation and skinning, one provides a more unified, out-of-the-box, "just works" experience. One is installed on devices from a gazillion different manufacturers, and as a result, must be more universal, meaning stability issues and slight confusion but great customization to the specific users wants and needs, white the other comes from one source only, meaning more streamlined delivery of software and hardware, but fewer options to go "off reservation", as it were.

There is no right or wrong answer, much like the mac vs pc debate, which has been going on for decades. It's personal preference. That's all.

#52 BetterThanI, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  13. Sajan

Sajan Member

because average people buy phones..not choose an OS. so they walk into a store and gets all confused by similar offerings between diff brands.

then they go stand next to the iphone..

14. Scionxa

I'm posting from it right now :) my phone died and I didn't have a charger on me lol

You make a good point, the argument is extremely similar. Good comparison, just like windows who offers cheap computers from best buy , android does low budget as well too. Just like how they have high end windows machines , you have the nexus and razrs..

I guess the only difference is that computers allow you to remove bloatware. Some android phones don't due to the carrier. This all ties into why American carriers all have us by the balls.

15. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I've got a g2x also and running stock build with the update that t-mobile pushed. How did flashing to CM7 go for you? I'm a little hesitant to do it.

16. Scionxa

I don't own the phone, but this should be an up to date guide assuming you're on 2.3.3 ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17398464

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sounds like a problem for the average person to me. As an educated consumer I see the difference between even highly similar Android phones such as the GSII, GSII-Skyrocket, and Galaxy Note. You have the luxury of picking out a phone than aligns with your own unique needs as opposed to being thrown into Apple's box.

Again, not a complaint-worthy topic in my book.

Now I do understand Apple's school of thought. Offer only a few high-end options. Consumers like less choices. But that's psychological marketing warfare, not something the consumer has to entertain.

18. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The link Scionxa provided looks like it will probably work, although I ended up using the following two links primarily (note the first link was referenced in the link Scionxa provided):
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056847
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1060715 (also refers to the link above)

I originally followed the Wiki guide from the CM site, but think it might have been outdated (couldn't get root access, among other things IIRC). But once I followed the links above, things went relatively smoothly.

Wasn't as easy/simple as the TouchPad, but not too bad once I found the right files/guide.

19. Hak34

Hak34 Member

WOW.

No not really. The only people who get "all confused" by the amount of choice android offers are typically iphone users. "Wait this isn't the S version of my iphone 4???"

20. Sajan

Sajan Member

i am not saying it's right..or better. i am just merely pointing out the fact that average joe doesn't know what 960x480 is..but they know what Retina display means.

how many "top end" android phones came out this year? i can't even name them all. by the time you learn the differences..there's a new one out.