1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Sam Amick) Harden slimmed down, fired up for upcoming season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Aug 19, 2017.

1. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

Harden will be moving off screens like Curry now, now that he lost weight. I always thought Harden was a better shooter off the catch than off the dribble anyways

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Abandon him? He abandon us during game 6!!!! We put money in his pockets not the other way around!!!

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He beat Barkley, karl Malone and Stockton, David Robinson, Ewing and Shaq.

There are top 30 players of all time or higher. Knicks were arguably the greatest defensive team ever.

Lol at Harden not having enough help. How does that justify sucking on the playoffs?

Hakeem NEVER sucked in the playoffs, not even when he was a rookie or when he was old or when he had zero help.

MVP4THREE, juanm34, Newlin and 7 others like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't believe it's the second page and no one has stated the obvious.

media conspiracy

DonKnock likes this.
  5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ban OP. This is Blasphemous. Harden might be better than Hakeem offensively, but he was so much better than harden defensively that Hardens offense can't make up the difference.

Plus they went through 2 60 and 2 57+ win teams to win the rings. I don't think any one has or will do that in the future.

Richie_Rich and Deckard like this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Great list.

Harden has beaten CP3, RW as well. Great individuals but none of those teams with those players would have come close to winning a series against this Warrior team. It would take a heroic effort. One of which that Rivals Dwayne Wades effort in Miami.

I know we all love Hakeem in here but Harden is vastly underrated.

7. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Trash

8. Mr. Clutch

Harden might be a better regular season offensive player.

It's not a contest in the playoffs.

9. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

History proves ppl tend to respect true Africans from Africa more than so called African Americans.

#fax

10. Mr. Clutch

I doubt this too. He doesn't like moving off the ball

11. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not look, are

J.R. likes this.
  12. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Um... no? He would get his money whether or not you and people like you were ever born. There will ALWAYS be teams everywhere lining up to fill this man's pockets full of cash, but HE chose US.

13. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Where's Carmelo

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Watch how he played in OKC. I recalled him slashing plenty.

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Hakeem was the best ever performer int he playoffs in NBA history

Harden has been a no show for many playoffs now and also had a game 5 choke followed by game 6 quit just this past season. Hakeem upped his game to newer heights come playoff time.

there is no debate.

Hakeem>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Harden

16. Mr. Clutch

Yes but that was a long time ago

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

If we're honestly going to sit here and compare Harden to Hakeem then Harden doesn't stand a chance.

Harden is 27 years old. When Hakeem was 27, he had just come off his 3rd straight first series loss where he averaged 18 points a game. He followed that season up at 28 by getting swept in the first round while averaging 22 points a game. Hell, there were serious questions about whether the Rockets could build a team around him.

2 years later he got past the first round. The year after that he won a ring.

Look the way the season ended was terrible, there is no doubt about that. But the only game Harden was bad in was Game 6. He played his ass off in Game 5. It was Lou Williams and Eric Gordon that were completely awful. Yes, he didn't run the offense well to end the game, but if literally anyone else could have been trusted with the ball in the 4th quarter, we win easily.

The fact of the matter is, Harden isn't happy with the way the season ended either. He's clearly working his ass off to get in better shape.

I, for one, am beyond ecstatic to see how he steps up this season. Which is insane considering he was pretty much an MVP last year.

18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

It's shameful how short sighted fans can be. I been disgusted with James plenty of times after pitiful performances, but the reality has always been that he is our only chance to get to the promised land. No way we can trade the guy anyone as good as him. I love James and I hope having Paul around helps him have a lesser load going into the playoffs.

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Mr. Clutch

Hakeem had one series where he averaged 18.5 ppg (while playing elite defense).

He averaged 5.8 blocks, 2.5 steals and 11.6 rebounds in that series.

Prior two first round exits he averaged 25 and 37 ppg.

The team was still recovering from the injuries and drug suspensions.

Harden averaged 5.4 turnovers and shot 28% from 3 in the playoffs this year. His assists, points, rebounds and efficiency all declined.

It wasn't one game.

20. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Harden is a tremendous talent. We are lucky to have someone of his caliber on our team. I'm hopeful that with the addition of CP3 we will get increased accountability and better post season results!

That said... i can't understand why so many people are in denial about Harden's DGAF Game 6.... for whatever reason...
    0 fga and 0 rebounds through the first quarter and a half.... that's not having an 'off night' - that's not trying....
    The guy just got twisted and quit before the game even began...
    it is what it is...
    Why do people have to be so nasty and attackative in vehemently denying what everybody saw?

the past is the past... let's move forward with the optimism that we won't see a repeat performance... but let's not do the whole 'revisionist history' bit....

subtomic, Wommy, macho GRANDE and 3 others like this.