1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Safety Chris Harris released by Bears

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by jev5555, Oct 27, 2011.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I would like to see this happen. Cut Shiloh Keo now! If we brought him in today and played him on Sunday, he wouldn't know the playbook but it looks like Keo doesn't know it either

3. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Keo was already cut, wasn't he?

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Gettin cut by a defensive-minded team that needs a safety , always raises a red flag IMO..... It wouldnt hurt to try him out, but he's not a must-have acquisition...

5. Nook

Nook Member

He didn't want to play for the Bears anymore, and made it known. He had a bad attitude and was often out of position this season.

Last year he was a very good player.

6. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Harris had been solid in the last few years but he fell out of favor with the Bears very quickly this year. Beat out by Major Wright and Chris Conte (rookie). Buyer beware.....

That being said, it's probably more a result of an issue with the coaching staff and Harris, personality clash....

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Could be this year's Pollard.

DD

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I really don't know too much about him, but if he's any upgrade over Keo then you try to get it done.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I must say it sounds good.
    We as fans have little patience though. Keo is a rookie right
    I think he should return to the bench but CUT HIM???

Rocket River

10. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Keo is awful, even for a late round draft pick. Coverage skills are nonexistent. It's like transplanting a nose guard's skill set into a safety.

11. McNultyisDrunk

McNultyisDrunk Contributing Member

Keo is a dingleberry late round pick. Harris is a proven 7 year vet who's not over the hill. Texans should be tripping over themselves to sign Harris.

12. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

He's already been cut by us once before. Now he is being thrust into a role where he's going to have to play some significant minutes, something he is going to fail miserably at. This guy is just not an NFL player, he can't cover, his tackling technique is horrible, and it seems like the game goes by way too fast for him. I would rather have Matt Stevens or John Busing back at this point. If we are going to bring someone in someone has to be cut. Keo is not only the worst player on our roster/potentially the entire league he also happens to play the same position as Harris

13. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

[​IMG]

There is no way in hell, the safety position is bad enough to warrant such a quote....No way mane!!! U have to be kiddin!!!...Just have to be!!!

1 person likes this.
  14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Keo is NOT starting.

This seems to be a common misconception. Nolan and Quin are starting, and I'm assuming Mccain will step in and become the nickleback (where Quin was playing before and Nolan would come in to play safety.

So if Harris were to come here he would likely be sitting on the bench and playing special teams, because Nolan is way ahead of him with regard to the playbook and my hunch is he is just as good as Harris anyway.

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're right. Keo won't see the field other than special teams. The only reason why he was out there against the Titans was because it was a blowout

16. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Keo would have to come in to spell Quin or Nolan if they got tired or injured. Wade also used a 3 safety package on passing downs often with McCain already playing the nickelback. Wade likes to rotate all of his defensive players except for Cushing and Joseph would only come out if he needed to be spelled or got banged up on a play

17. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

I meant I would rather have John Busing or Matt Stevens over Shiloh Keo, he is THAT bad

18. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

At least Keo is young and doesnt know the playbook... Matt n John know what's coming and still are terrible...Keo can get better... Highly doubtful... But there is a small ounce of possiblity...

19. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Everything about Keo is horrible. His tackling technique is horrendous, he tries to blow everyone up but that only happens 1% of the time. If you can't cover or know where your suppose to be, atleast be able to tackle a guy. He had a nice special teams tackle but there was a play where the Titans were on their 5 or something, the running back makes a cutback and I see Shiloh come charging in now they are 1 on 1, he decides he's going to stick his head down and launch himself 3 yards away and ends up diving at the guys feet as the RB just tiptoes around him and burns off a big gain. All pre-season he was doing this, missing almost every tackle he attempted.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Mother****ing Benny Hill.

Sir, you deserve rep and props. :cool: