1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sacramento Kings possible move?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MIAGI99, Oct 17, 2009.

1. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

The four letter network is rumoring that Kings possibly moving. That is surprising. I thought they had good attendance records although not selling not like they did few years back. Just thought it was a bit surprising though.

2. FFz

FFz Member

that would be a shame. They should have never fired adelman. hahahaha :) :) :) :)

3. uchlha

uchlha Member

Yeah firing Rick was their hugest mistake.. but I'm glad because we got him :)

4. Pringles

Pringles Member

Crazy.

One of the loudest fan base ever.

There are always rumors about them moving.

5. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Arco Arena is old and small. That's the crux of the situation. There was a referendum to build a downtown arena but that was voted down. Now the NBA is getting involved in pushing for a new arena built at Cal Expo, plus Mayor Kevin Johnson is getting behind it also. This report is a not so subtle hint that the NBA and the Maloofs want things to happen soon. But with the way the economy is now, it's not looking good.

6. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

Yeah, they're moving because they won't be getting a new stadium anytime soon.

I'm sure Vegas is an attractive option for the Maloofs.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

yeah, since the reason they've lost so much money is their Las Vegas properties.

8. ashiin

ashiin Member

I do want to see a Las Vegas team, it would be interesting.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Fire sale?

10. worzel gummidge

[​IMG]

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

It haven't been loud since the C Webb era. They should move. 4 teams in the Cali area. You kidding me? Its about time another city gets a team. And I think the clippers should move to. Maybe if it wasn't stuck under the shadow of the Lakers they would do better.

12. worzel gummidge

They're probably not going to move out of state. San Diego is the city that keeps bidding, being linked to the Kings.

13. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

I never really understood why owners of teams view tax money for a stadium as a necessity. If you build the stadium yourself wouldnt you get the proceeds from non-basketball events like concerts and award shows and things like that? IMO it shouldnt be up to the city to fund an arena thats profitable for you to play in.

The NBA should stay in SAC though. They really do have great fans, and they're the only show in town.

14. trueroxfan

trueroxfan Member

i dunno, isn't that the team with the two brothers who are really involved in the team or something?

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

The Kings is a profitable organization, its the owners that are in trouble.

16. sew

sew Member

Vancouver

17. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

The Clippers are one of the few teams in the NBA that turn a consistent profit. Sterling isn't moving them anywhere.

The Kings in Vegas would be interesting. They'd have to work hard to build up a real local fanbase and not just be a tourist attraction, though.

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Meh just dissolve it. No more moves.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eAYRRMkHcE8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eAYRRMkHcE8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That sucks.

They are going in the right direction...

Tyreke Evans
    Jason Thompson
    Spencer Hawes

Those are some great young pieces to build around. I would give a nut for Jason Thompson. I do think that Kevin Martin could be had for the right deal...