1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[sacbee]Robert Horry(clutchcity original) wants to play again this season.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 12, 2009.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

On the record, if Horry comes here, we'd get out of the first round FOR SURE. No Tmac + Robert Horry = at least the 2nd round.

Look at his career, he's never smelled defeat in the first round of the playoffs. EVER.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/019510.html?mi_rss=Kings Blog and Q&A
    February 11, 2009

Opening tip: Robert Horry likes the Celtics and loves the Maloofs

Robert Horry wants to play again this season. That much is obvious after talking with him in advance of the Kings arriving in his adopted hometown of Houston and in the aftermath of the Sam Amick report that the Spurs weighed a bid for Brad Miller or John Salmons and could use Horry in a sign-and-trade for salary-cap purposes.

The important league-wide development is that Horry rates the Spurs and Celtics as his most likely landing spots. Both understandable. San Antonio is a contender and familiar from the past five seasons there and close to Houston, an important consideration to stay near his family. Boston is the defending champion and has kept him on the radar all along as a potential stretch-drive signing.

Boston, obviously, is not close to Houston. And even Horry jokes about a potential reunion with Celtics GM Danny Ainge and how it will take a nanosecond before someone posts the clip of Horry throwing a towel in the face of coach Danny Ainge when they were with the Suns. But the Celtics have the strong lure of a shot at another ring and the stronger lure of point guard Sam Cassell, a close friend from their Rockets days.

"The only person that can really talk me into Boston is Sam," Horry said.

The slightly important, mostly hilarious development for the Kings is that not only would Horry welcome any such deal, he would love it and do his best to make it real.

He can see it now: first Kings player to be booed in Sacramento. The only greater inner-turmoil for fans would have been if Phil Jackson had accepted the proposal to replace Rick Adelman as coach. Enemy at the gates!

"I heard about it," Horry said of the report that he could be included in a trade. "Trust me. If it happens, I'd be like, 'Thank you.'"

Free money. He would get millions to sort of come out of retirement for cap purposes, far more than the Spurs or Celtics or any other contender could offer, and might not even play.

"But I don't think it'll happen," he said.

No one has talked to Horry about such a move and the Spurs haven't spent time considering him as a trade chip in any deal.

If it did happen?

"It would be real funny," he said. "Here's this guy who hit a shot to help keep them from a championship, and now we're just going to give him some money.

"But I would love to come there and be part of the organization. The Maloofs are great people. They're trying to get a new arena, and Sacramento's a great city."

Being part of the organization as a player, an unofficial assistant coach, whatever way the Kings feel like he could help. Again, he doesn't think it will happen. Quite the rich Horry-Lakers-Kings plot twist to consider, though.

Coming out of semi-retirement to chase another title is more likely. The Spurs or Celtics, the Magic, Cavaliers, Rockets or Mavericks. He mentions them all[/B]. He doesn't regard a Lakers reunion as realistic -- "I love their chemistry, but I don't see myself fitting into their team." And nothing is close to happening, so much nothing that initial Sacramento-San Antonio talks never advanced and that Horry's limited contact with the Spurs has been casual conversation.

But Horry would like to be somewhere. Even Sacramento.

#1 tinman, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  2. KillerMamba

KillerMamba Member

Bring Ron back to Houston. Let him finish it where it all started! HTown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Its Rob.

For the haters of the First Champions like Horry,

this isn't a rehash. This is a recent article like yesterday. They spoke to Horry here in the city of Houston, a place some people don't care about.

Real Hero in Clutch City, Texas.

7 Rings.

No 1st round exits.

4. tinman

Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqZQ7fYavT4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CqZQ7fYavT4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Some Laker fan made this video, but I like it.
    He sings about a hero.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNUFK3Vc5u8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bNUFK3Vc5u8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Spurs fan video tribute.

5. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

Let's call Chucky Brown & Pete Chillcut too.

6. rawool

rawool Member

Hehehe, I like how bold the date.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

February 11, 2009

Robert Horry wants to play again this season.

Rockets - Tmac + Horry =

[​IMG]

8. Landlord Landry

Robert Horry deserves as much credit for 7 rings as Tracy McGrady deserves credit for 7 first round exits.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

the fact the mentions the Rockets with the Celtics, Cavs, Spurs, means Horry thinks we can win it.

that's good news. he knows about winning championships.

10. zilches

zilches Member

Name the #1 NBA player with the most undeserved rings?

Cheap shot Bob. The throw the towel in the face of the coach. The guy is nauseating.

11. tinman

Supporting Member

No real Rocket fan is a Horry hater.

No real Spurs fan is a Horry hater.

No real Laker fan is a Horry hater.

Horry Clutch Moments >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tmac's ...Moments

12. Landlord Landry

I never said I was a Horry hater. Nor a Tmac lover.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

if you hate anyone in this picture, you aren't a Rockets fan.
    its simple like Geico.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Ok Sorry. :p
    I'm preparing for the barrage of Horry Haters.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

No he earned those rings buddy boy.

[​IMG]

Making shots to win PLAYOFF games = earning wins

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yRRng1PWsU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1yRRng1PWsU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Horry " I ALREADY passed JORDAN"

16. tinman

Supporting Member

DREAM ROCKETS VS JORDAN BULLS

HORRY SUPER DUNKS ON PIPPEN!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBo-jmDchy0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LBo-jmDchy0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Jordan Bulls Jockers are mad like Phil Jackson in this video!

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He would make a great Celtic. Orlando could use him too.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Horry OUTREBOUNDING Rodman,
    then sticking a 3 in Robinson's face

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pVV978RMmaU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pVV978RMmaU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

19. 24 in a roll

24 in a roll Member

omg, i love robert horry

20. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

[​IMG]