1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sac Kings vs NO Hornets Final Score - 93-67

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Zboy, Nov 1, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Final score is not too surprising. What's surprising is who scored 67. The kings! :eek:

2. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

and the houston chronicle picked them to win 57 games and the rockets only 53. just plain stupid predictions

3. DeAleck

DeAleck Contributing Member

They are supposed to be awesome on offense, and awful on defense...

Only half of the statement turned out to be ture.

4. lalala902102001

The Hornets played an offense that is very similiar to last year's suns. They have a lot of great athletes now and Chris Paul is the perfect PG to run this offense. They may just surprise a lot of people this year.

5. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Naaaah. The Suns had talent that perfectly matched their style of play. The Hornets don't have enough talent to win a lot of games. Maybe they will finish above the Blazers and some other team instead of being last in the conference. That's the biggest surprise the Hornets are capable of. I hope I'm wrong because it would be a good story.

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I watched a LOT of this game.

The Hornets are going to be a suprise team...win about 30 or so......

Chris Paul makes a BIG BIG difference, their backcourt of Paul and Smith is really really talented.

Boki starts and played well, in fact he left with 6 minutes to go in the 3rd and never came back because it was a blowout.

New Orleans will not be a pushover this year.

The Kings look old, and their chemistry looks out of wack.

I hope it stays that way for at least another day.

:)

DD

7. micah1j

micah1j Member

LOL :D

8. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

they are all shooters..which means they rely on their shots to go in..and tonite..it didnt..which is why they got man-handled...if the team is having a bad shooting night..they are definately gonna lose..no matter who they play. I also notice that hornets are alot better than last season..but nothing the rox cant handle...i really hope this bad shoooting continues tomar..when we play them :D

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I hope the Queens aren't pissed enough to take it out on the Rockets. BTW, I predicted months ago that Sacramento could struggle to make the playoffs. People keep forgetting that Abdur-Rahim has never been to the postseason. The man is cursed(kinda like Steve Francis outside of the Van Gundy season).

10. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

The only suprise the Hornets might bring is a win total in the 20's instead of the teens. They traded away their only player that even resembled an all star in Magloire. They still suck donkey nads....

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dude, sometimes getting rid of a players presents opportunities for others.

They will close to 30...their homecourt is a real advantage.

DD

12. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Oklahoma Hornets, just doesn't sound right. This city has been starving for a big league sports team, they had 19K fans in the seats for their first home game screaming their heads off, at this rate they might not move back to NO. They had a good game and Paul is the real deal, he really ran the point well and with Smith they have a great young backcourt. Still I don't see them finishing better than .500 with that front line.

13. solid

solid Contributing Member

The Kings will rebound in a big way, don't get overconfident, I'm sure the Rockets aren't. This is the NBA. If the Kings score in the 60's again, I will begin to think that maybe they didn't make the right player moves, but you can expect a very competitive game. The Hornets situation was unique, a championship atmosphere is atypical for a first game.

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This game worries me about tonight. You know Suckramento will come ready to play after what happened to them last night. Also, the law of averages says that they will probably shoot about 65% tonight. :mad:

15. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

BETTER THAN .500?!?!?! You think they may win as many as 41 games?!?!?! And I thought DaDakota was going a little crazy predicting 30......

I do think it's possible they'll win 20 though. I actually think the Jamal Magloire trade was a good move for them. It allows them to play to their strength - speed! Plus it gives them an additional first round pick next year to help build around their very promising young backcourt.

16. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I was in the upper deck last night. This picture sucks compared to the atmosphere last night. Everyone was loud, wearing commemorative white shirts, and buying OKC Hornets merchandise like crack. Too bad the NBA will stop Shinn from moving for PR even though NO wasn't supporting the Hornets before Katrina. I think I heard the OKC Hornets are already 6th in the league in season ticket sales.

[​IMG]

17. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Be careful what you wish for... Of course people will fill the stands now. I mean Vancouver was selling out when the Grizzlies first showed up. But if there's one thing that's consistent about the Hornets, it's that Shinn will consistently mess up that team. He's a horrendous owner who's pretty consistent about messing up his team. Give it a few years and you fans from Oklahoma will stop showing up.

18. Toast

Toast Member

It's just one game. Sucktown played well below par for them. Hornets had a great game. Way to go Hornets!

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Dude, no way the Hornets get even close to winning 41 games!!!! :eek: :eek:

20. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Like I said in another thread, this game could help the Rockets. If we make a strong move in the 3rd quarter, the Kings might quit. They have mentally fragile written all over them.