1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sac Bee] Rockets informed that Kings not moving Kevin Martin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tariq, Feb 5, 2010.

1. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

The worst defender in the NBA.

I could score on him.

2. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Yep, Les likes players who hustle, and play defense. When you can put points on the board and play defense your tough to beat.

3. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

So? He was the best player on a scrubby team. He was McGrady is now, Evans is what T-mac was in Orlando with how well he plays. Forget Martin let's bring in Iggy

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I can't believe anyone would want this guy after dealing with McGrady and Yao's injuries over the years. Is your memory that short?

I am not interested in starting every prediction I make for this team with the words "if healthy" any longer. Bring in a B player who plays 75+ games a year and leave the A player who plays 50- games a year alone. In fact, leave the A player who can't stay healthy alone even if it means letting McGrady expire and not making any moves.

5. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I meant He is what McGrady is now INJURED

6. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I don't mind a player like David Lee on this team. Scola/Lee/Landry will outwork any team up front in the league.

7. LifeisButaDream

So who does Kevin Martin guard Kobe or ron. :p

8. LifeisButaDream

So if youre LA who do you leave open Iggy or Airza or Both. :p

9. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think Lee fits the description of player Houston is made up from.

You can play:

Center - Lee
    PF - Scola
    SF - Landry

And probably get more done, then you could with Yao in there. I'm serious. You rotate the three splitting minutes equally in and out, giving them good breathers, but enough minutes too keeping them fresh and you would get 'max' balls to the walls production between those three.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Any chance of moving Ariza for Anthony Randolph?

11. plates300

plates300 Member

finally someone is talking with some sense. Iggy may be an upgrade from a talent stand point, but I don't see him fitting in so well. In the open court he is great, but half-court, not so much. He isn't that great of a mid range shooter or long range for that matter.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. LifeisButaDream

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

The only way I could see it work is if Martin didn't come to Rockets at all. :p I'd rather not see him in a Rockets uni

15. worzel gummidge

Of the names floated, Martin's skills makes him the best fit.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yes, true. And not that it matters what I say or what I care for, but his injury history is concering and a turn off to me. Martin comes with a big IF; IF healthy.

17. dantonv08

dantonv08 Member

Iggy is exactly the type of player the rockets want Ariza to become. If we get Iggy Ariza should be as good as gone.

18. LifeisButaDream

* Boston is legitimately interested in Martin, but that scenario doesn't look likely to go anywhere at the moment. A source close to the Celtics said they have not spoken to the Kings, but the two teams will likely talk soon.

If the Kings were to accept a deal giving them Ray Allen and sending the Celtics Martin and Andres Nocioni, the deal could very well get done. I don't see Petrie doing that, however. That move would free up approximately $17 million off the Kings' cap this summer and free up Martin's money that runs through 2013 and Nocioni's through 2012. It doesn't bring back talent beyond this season, obviously, as Allen's contract is expiring.

Despite the Kings' hopes of landing an impact big man, don't expect Celtics GM Danny Ainge to give up center Kendrick Perkins (or point guard Rajon Rondo, for that matter, if I even needed to verbalize that part). http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/2010/02/trade-chatter-f.html

19. LifeisButaDream

I know this funny.but remember someone on real gm :grin: said they were related to Nocioni and he was asked if he would like playing in hou.this was like two months ago.did anyone else see this