1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

S.I. John P. Lopez: Rockets must cease Yao-injury denial, chart rebuilding plan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Raven, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Raven

Raven Member

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20.../06/30/yao.rockets/index.html?eref=si_writers

Wow, probably the most astute column he has ever written. I won't paste the entire article, but here's one snippet. It's worth a read.

Of course, I agree, as you can see in my signature.

2. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

John Lopez sucks.

3. roxfan4life00

roxfan4life00 Member

John Lopez is a huge Rocket hater. The only local team he has anything good to say about is the Dynamo. This type of article is expected from him. I think he is a Spurs fan at heart who just happens to live in Houston. He's garbage!!! :mad: :mad:

4. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

i know john lopez because i went to school with his kid. but hes telling the truth, the rockets can't win with tmac and yao being out constantly.

5. tfvic

tfvic Member

man the artest, yao, tmac, never really was tried! i wish it will!!!!!!!!!! go rockets baby! go rockets!

6. Jayou

Jayou Member

You said the exact same thing in the other thread about how you think he's a closet Spurs fan. Care to explain your reasoning?

And man, I never realized how much everyone Lopez so irrationally when they don't like what he has to say, LOL. The article speaks the truth. Yao is like the crazy psycho girlfriend who's a great ****, but is so bat**** crazy that you have to cut ties. It's time to pull the plug on Yao.

7. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

lopez is always negative about the rockets. i can't stand this dude.

8. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

John Lopez is an idiot. After he got fired from the Chronicle the only job he could find was running a tricked-out bus cruise business until he managed to hook back with a radio program. He has never had good insights or good inside information. Just makes crap up.

Yea, Yao has injury problems but it's all speculation at this point. Lopez has no credibility.

9. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

1. john lopez 2. si 3. lol

10. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. declan32001

declan32001 Member

You could add: 4. Raven. He's gloating these days about what will never happen.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

John Lopez sucks.

13. Rocket Rowdie

Rocket Rowdie Member

Well, if nothing else, Raven has built himself a reputation as one of the authorities/leaders of the "Let's blow up this team" movement. Kudos! The other side has yet to find its face.

14. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

wouldn't be surprised if someone told me john lopez has 20 accounts on this board and is the one that starts all of the knee jerk threads. his article is so bad its like one of the doomsday posters here wrote it

15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

so is his radio show...how those guys got a show is beyond me...

16. Raven

Raven Member

B.S.

No one admires Yao Ming more than I do. He represents everything a professional athlete should be, and I sincerely wish he didn't have the health problems that have afflicted him throughout the second half of his career, but I am not deluding myself into thinking his durability will ever improve. Every year the Rockets wait for Yao to be healthy is another year wasted and another year the inevitable is postponed, and why postpone the inevitable when the 2010 free agent bonanza represents the perfect opportunity to go in a different direction, especially with Tracy's contract expiring.

Nope, no gloating, just acceptance.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I've never liked Lopez but he is telling the truth.

18. Rocket Rowdie

Rocket Rowdie Member

I'm sure you admire Yao Ming, but your sudden epiphany to abandon ship kind of points other wise. I'm dealing with the tough task of acceptance, but your approach seems to be to shove it down our throats so that you can say "I was right." Its much too soon to start making proclamations of this team needs to implode itself, and certainly much too soon to make 2-3 threads a day about it.

As far as gloating goes, no matter your intentions, just know it comes off that way. I've seen in multiple threads that you tell readers to "just look at my signature" (often times with an inappropriate emoticon attached). That's just the way it comes across, IMO.

19. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Abandon ship?????

With what assets? We have no good trading partners? Nobody wants our players and if they do, they don't want to offer any of their good stuff.

We are going after Gortat, after he had 1 good season, like he was DH version 2.

Just look at the rumors and denials. Nobody wants our players and if they do they want to off us players like (Curry............)

Hell I don't think we can even get Zack Randolph.

20. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

I'm LMAO at all the idiots in this thread that type either.

Lopez sucks

Lopez is a Rockets hater

or

Lopez is just a secret Spurs' fan.

NOTHING IN THAT ARTICLE WAS WRONG (well except the part about Tmac being the most hated athlete since Lidge.....because that's not fair to Lidge), all Lopez did was speak the God's honest truth about this team. A truth that ovbiously some people aren't ready to hear, so it's much easier for them to say "somebody sucks or is a hater" than to finally realize the truth that smacking them in the faces and has been for a few years

Wake up, this team DOES have to take a step backwards to move forward, as currently built they're not going to win crap. You can't win crap when all your money is tied to players that will NEVER STAY HEALTHY.