1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Good job, good effort Rhyno! pls just stay healthy!

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He needs to incorporate the spin move more.

3. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Moar fadeaway long 2 point jumpers plz

Gorki and Pen15clubber like this.
  4. Mr. Motiejunas

Wish he was a post master like Dmo.

5. thekad

thekad Member

Makes me feel a lot better about dumping him for a max player and just finding an average stretch 4 like Ilyasova.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Need to attach a second round pick to Ryan Osweiler-Anderson.

Rockets owner Leslie Alexander discussed the Ryan Osweiler-Anderson trade for the first time on Thursday.

"It was a shocker for me," Alexander said.

General manager Daryl Morey traded Osweiler-Anderson and a second-round pick in 2018 to Philadelphia to get his remaining $61,264,636 salary off the books and clear cap space.

The Rockets also sent their first-round pick in the 2020 draft to the Sixers for a second-round selection.

"I couldn't believe that Daryl was able to pull it off," Alexander said. "It's unbelievable. Everybody around the league, their jaws are still hanging open.

"It's something no one thought (about), and I think other people have looked at that, and they've been trying to do the same thing without success."

Alexander had spoken to the Sixers about Osweiler-Anderson at the trade deadline but agreed to re-visit in the offseason.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  7. basketballholic

Knowing that my team needs a great distributor and handle is not a mental illness. Mental illness is thinking somehow your team is going to win a title when their point guard turns it over almost six times a game.

8. seeingred

seeingred Member

Not sure what you guys expect. OKC game planned to not let him get open looks off the pick and pop. Taj Gibson showed on Harden and then sprinted back to Anderson. That makes it easier for Harden to drive as Gibson isn't sagging down into the lane waiting for him. Roberson's a good defender and Harden had a gimpy ankle so it wasn't complete dominance by Harden but he still got into the paint regularly. If teams want to take Anderson out of the game they can. The hope is that, by doing that, they take a big away from Harden's vicinity.

The only knock i have is Rhyno and Capela set awful screens this series. Our whole offense is predicated on Pick and Roll - if you can't get the Pick you can't get the roll.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Rhyno can do so much more if he had a better trainer... He is a difference maker but with his size, length and mobility.. He should be more of a one man wrecking crew.

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If Ryan Anderson doesn't perform significantly better in the next round and the Rockets are eliminated, what do you think is the cost to trade him and his remaining 3 year 61 million salary. He's due to earn 19+ 20+ and 21+ million after this season. Will it cost nothing? a second rounder, a first or multiple first rounders?

The Rockets will head into next season with 90+ million in salary if they renounce every cap hold they have, leaving them with 11 million in cap space to sign a free agent. Without trading Anderson to a team for nothing, the Rockets have no real chance to sign any of the major free agents this summer.

#1631 blahblehblah, Apr 26, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Balldon'tlie likes this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Well let's say we trade him and sign Hayward. Now you have Bev, Harden, Lou, Ariza, Hayward, Gordon which is just unbelievable depth and since Ariza and Harden can play small ball 4 hey why not? But would you go to war starting Ariza at the 4? Maybe sign PPat or JMychael Green at 8-10m and trade Ariza?

Ryno did exactly what Morey wanted this season 40.3% from 3 second only to Channing Frye and spaced the floor for Harden. I don't see Morey letting him go.

j3i and PhiSlamma15 like this.
  12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

hes gonna drain them this series. I had a good feeling about lou for the okc series, now I got a good feeling about anderson for the spurs series.

Can I go 2 for 2? rockets fans better hope.

I think he will get some open looks and drain a high percentage

13. Rox11

Rox11 Member

If he don't show up throw stuff at him in game 3

14. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

When the lights have been the brightest (playoffs), Ryan plays scared, passing up open shots, running away from 41 high pick and roll (almost causing back court violations), and shooting 12.5% on the threes he does take. He is playing like a bum, and if this continues in the playoffs, he must be let go.

15. Juxtaposed Jolt

How do we sign Hayward? Trading Anderson for anything other than picks will still make us eat cap space.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I am thinking that Eric Gordon might be the more likely player to go in the case of a big $ signing that requires cap room.

First, there is likely more of a market for Gordon, a good 2-way combo guard, than Anderson at this time. Second, the Rockets have a ready-fill in for Gordon's role in Lou Williams (doesn't have exactly the same skills, but close enough).

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Channing Fry would have been a better signing and much cheaper too.

You don't want to be the org that is paying 20m to Ryan Andersons.......

;)

DD

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I don´t think he is that easy to replace. I expect more of him, but I´m also really optimistic, OKC´s length is hard to fight, let´s see what he can do agains Spurs.

Still, worthy question, If he is a perfect regular season PF and a flawed one for the playoffs, is he worth 20M?

PhiSlamma15 likes this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's a good point, but Gordon alone wouldn't free us enough cap space to sign a max anyway so, if to sign a max player you have to trade Gordon and one between Ariza and Lou (plus some rookie contracts), isn't a better choice to just trade only Anderson? And while he should be the easiest guy to trade, Gordon is also the best and the one we should try to keep in any scenario imo...

Lou btw will be expring next season and it takes one team to offer him let's say 15x to see him gone, i understand that this isn't exactly the best time to say this but if there's one player we should probably use as a salary dump in these kind of scenarios that's Lou. Ariza will also be expring, but aside the fact that as for now we need him in the starting five, i guess he might be ok in finish his career in Houston for a decent but not too annoying contract so, i would try to keep him around at this point.