1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I really don't want to jinx us, but ASSUMING we win this series, I do think there is a chance Memphis and maybe SAS will double Harden opening up the 3 ball and specifically Anderson for more open shots.

Where this team really struggles is when they have to face a team with a defensive stopper that really bothers Harden. There are a few that do this. PJ Tucker, Wes Matthews, Roberson, and Kawhi really are the only ones I can think of.

Obviously we would rather face Memphis because of this factor, but I would think that if we face SA, they might not have Kawhi guarding Harden 1 on 1 the entire game like the others do with Harden. Either way I look to see much more open 3's from Anderson and Ariza in the next series.

Not enough credit is being given on Roberson's ability to guard Harden 1 on 1 so they can stay up on our 3 point shooters. Anderson has had SOME open looks, but we just aren't getting the shots we need to get in rhythm. Lets just hope we close out the series tonight, and things change next series. Gonna have to grind this next one out tonight. Hopefully Anderson can bring his big boy pants and get some rebounds at the very least.

Vivi likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

While Tucker and Matthews did a good job on Harden in some games, imo they've never been a major problem for James, on the other hand, Roberson, Kawhi and i'd add Draymond Green have been the guys who guarded him better than anyone else, Kawhi and Draymond especially...i guess James suffers those guys more cause while he's used to be stronger than whoever is guarding him 99% of times, with those two things are different since they're are bigger and stronger than him, and at the same time they're still quick enough to stay in front of him most of times...anyway i agree, must give some credit to Roberson, he's playing some terrific defense.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. basketballholic

Roberson is playing terrific defense on Harden and if that man could shoot we'd be down 1-3 instead of up 3-1.

Of course if he could shoot they would be a top 4 seed and we wouldn't be playing them.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

People who are long with quick reactions typically guard Harden the best because they can catch up to Harden when he initially loses them with his change of pace style. Like with Roberson, a lot of times Harden beats him and goes in for the layup, but Roberson catches up to block the shot or for Harden to change his shot.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I did a double take when I went to look at the Rockets stats for this series.

Ryan Anderson is shooting 14% from 3. 14!!!!! jesus christ.
    Also Harden and Ariza are shooting 27% 27!

Thank god LouWill and Gordon have been closer to their 3pt averages. Hope that keeps up.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, the Rockets really aren't good at making three pointers. The are good at attempting three pointers.

7. Fantasma Negro

Anderson will go 8/14 tonight, 7/11 3s

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

ThatBoyNick and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  9. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Fun statistic: if you add up Ryan Anderson's season averages for Points, Rebounds, Assists, Steals, and Blocks, then multiply that total by $1 million, the product is less than the average annual salary under his contract. And this is the first year, with a guy who is aging, and who just had his most consistent year health wise in a long time.

Can't wait until he's a 7 ppg, 2 rpg defensively challenged PF playing spot minutes in the last year of his contract for $21.2 mm.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Brock Anderson

Ryan Reed

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

yet another pathetic showing. when he's bad he really really bad

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Anderson can go suck dick in the OKC locker rooms with that b**** Billy Kennedy.
    Both playing for OKC this series.

K-Lo_The_Future likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

He's at home. Not sure why y'all expected anything tonight. ;):rolleyes:

14. Gorki

Gorki Member

Who's defending like Roberson and can shoot? Next round opponent, Kawhi Leonard.

basketballholic likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

The pussification of Ryan ANderson continues faster than the urbanization of Toyota Center

J.R. likes this.
  16. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Watching in my Rockets Suite. Game 27 for me. Wow this guy is scum bad

17. K-Lo_The_Future

I can hardly watch him at this point...wow.

18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Straight liability.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

You guys need to be optimistic. He has been so extremely bad that the law of averages should equal out. He is due for a lot of 3's sometime REALLY soon now.

HTX Ninja and Amel like this.
  20. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

His salary is pure robbery at this point, he is beyond abysmal.