1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson makes $18.74 million

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Pride, Nov 16, 2016.

1. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Having Ryan Anderson on our team is good plain and simple.

2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

every contract is tradeable if i recall well miles plumlee just got traded and hes on a like a worst contract in history of the universe

danoman likes this.
  3. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, if Miles Plumlee (with his 48x4 fully guaranteed contract) just got traded without even losing a 2nd rounder, i think Ryan should have a pretty good value.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

6. dmoneybangbang

Yes it should be ignored.... 1.9 attempts vs 6.9 attempts... lol

roslolian likes this.
  7. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

6 points tonight, at least he didn't lay another goose egg.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Major disappointment thus far. However, he has a chance to make up for in in the playoffs. During the regular season, teams can sag off him a bit and he may not be locked in. In the playoffs he's going to have to deliver that gravity and make quick decisions once he gets the ball.

I'm worried defensively and I'm worried that if a defender runs him off the line he can't take advantage of it.

Of course I'd rather have ibaka or griffin over him, but at Ryan's salary I feel that we are stuck with him. Any chance he becomes the backup PF will be predicated on one of our young players just flat out becoming better than he is.

Ryan's a great fit , but we need more talent overall. There's little room at guard for us to improve and we are spending so little at center its unlikely we could upgrade there either. So it will have to come at F either PF or SF.

Anderson is going to be overpaid for the first 82 games and I think most people had a feeling that was going to be the case. He's going to have to earn his dough in the Playoffs. Otherwise the Rockets really may have made a big mistake with him.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

His problem is that he is SO SLOW and because of that has to be 5 feet beyond the line to get space to shoot, and now teams have identified he will do that and are sticking a man on him, sometimes a smaller one because they know they can shut him down, and he can't rebound, or play in the post.

He fits this team - but man did we overpay for him.

DD

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

228 grand a game.

38 grand per point at 6 points on the night.

Ryan Anderson making a free throw is worth more than a lot of people's entire years of effort lol ****..

11. Chamillionaire

I'm slowly but surely getting off the bandwagon. Man we would look so much better with someone who can not only hit the 3 but play defense and grab rebounds... Ibaka.

12. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I am one of the few posters who is also vocal about that thought haha. I never argue that he's a superstar but I argue that he is definitely worth 18 mil in todays NBA and is a valuable weapon in our 3 point attack. I mean that comeback against the twolves he hit 2 3s in like the last 40 seconds. He dropped 29 against the warriors. A lot of posters here only mention the negative moments.

There's been a couple game where he has carried. He is the only person on the rockets roster besides harden to lead the rockets in scoring two nights in a row.

I'll take him

13. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

You sound like a delusional idiot. What are you, his cousin? In what world is a no defense playing, poor rebounding, inconsistent shooter worth 20 mil/year?

We're claiming we dodged a bullet with the Parson's deal, but this deal is MUCH Worse.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Anderson's gravitational pull make him very valuable on offense, even when he's not hitting.

He's overpaid, but he's not a bad player. His impact has clearly been a net positive for the team. We need to pair him with a 4 who can mix it up when the situation calls for it. As is, all of the people we play at the 4/5 (save for Nene) can't command their space on the inside.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He'll be cheap come playoff time, trust me.

RocketsTerps likes this.
  16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You don't get paid 20 million a year for gravitational pull. That alone does not make him valuable. He's only "very valuable" if he's providing elite shooting. You can live with his defense and rebounding if he's giving that, but right now he's not consistently doing it.

#1036 J Sizzle, Feb 8, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

58% TS
    40% 3pt shooting

But inconsistent.

Not un-happy with Anderson, because I set my expectations appropriately and he is performing pretty much the way he always has.

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

This is the point in the end, everyone should've know what player Ryan is, if someone expected him to be some sort of all star or a credible/solid second/third best player on a team well, they were just setting themselves up for disappointment.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Ryan Anderson 3 pt Attempts, and our record

5 or less (14-4)
    9 or more (7-6)

Ryan Anderson 3 Pt Made, and our record.

1 or less (12-4)
    4 or more (12-6)

If Anderson isn't shooting, it's usually because he isn't open, which means his guy is way away from the paint. If he is shooting, it means he's open, and his guy is clogging the lane. We function best when he isn't open.

As you can see, our success isn't affected by how many he actually makes, the difference is negligible. Ideally he would always shoot at a high clip, but his most valuable contribution is simply being guarded..a long way from the rim.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

I don't understand the complaining.

40 % from three on 7 attempts and is horrible on defense. So he is who everybody thought he was. If you complained about him at the beginning of the season, kudos to you. If you thought he was a great pick up and now you dislike him, you're probably a delusional idiot. They brought him in to spread the court and that is what he does. They didn't bring him in to be Dennis Rodman. Would Ibaka improve the team, yes and that has nothing to do with Anderson as he can play the 5 too. This off season, Anderson was available not Ibaka, nor was Michael Jordan for that matter. Los imbéciles hablando pendejadas.