1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson Looks Fantastic

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Oct 18, 2017.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Overpaid..absouletly
    But I like what I have been seeing from him for the past 2 games

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

You like 28% from 3 for a 1 dimensional open 3 pt shooter?

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

What am saying is that he played descent the first 2 games, I didn't say I like him as a player and his percentage, no one wanted to take on his contract in the off-season, maybe when cp3 gets healthy and our unit start meshing together he'll start shooting better and stop being timid and gain more confidence in his shot...till then take a chill pill

kjayp likes this.
  4. roslolian

roslolian Member

I really think Anderson are twins like in the prestige, they just live the same life. Road Anderson is the older twin and an nba superstar. Home Anderson is actually an accountant and would rather do calligraphy at home than hoop. Remember when Anderson cut his finger taking out trash? Only Home Anderson actually got cut because he is a clutz, but Road Anderson also had to injure himself to keep the illusion up.

amaru, hakeem94, Ozzy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Rocket3forlife1

Rocket3forlife1 New Member

Ive always like Anderson for this offense.

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

10pts 5rbs 2-7 shooting, LOOKS GREAT! :D

amaru likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let's not call 13 pts and 8 rbs superstar like but it's good stats for him. Prolly not enough if his salary is considered.

#87 daywalker02, Oct 19, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

James Harden looking nimble out there. You can tell he is in much better shape than previous years.

amaru likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Road Anderson's just holding himself back so the disparity between his twin doesn't seem too ridiculous. I mean you can already see its 2 diff people with him holding himself back, if he really played to the best of his abilities everybodu will see something is wrong.

10. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

he may be overpaid, but i would still say he's worth 14-15 million a year. he stretches the floor and what he does, doesn't show up in the stats. other people like harden and gordon score instead. and though his defense is not good, he still has length and allows us to play small ball when the other teams center is not a threat to score inside. he's playing really well, being lighter and should be better on back to backs...

11. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

You win, have a good day

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I bet the Knicks love Kanter and Mcdermott. They could have had Ryno for Melo but nooooooooo...

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

delete

Pen15clubber and Drogba like this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Here we go again with the back and forth every game. Some of you want him to have bad games so you can get your jollies on clutchfans

16. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Pillsbury Dough Boy Rises to the Occasion.....Tomorrows News Today

Your Welcome

Go Rockets !

17. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

But but wasnt he wearing a home uniform against the warriors?

18. amaru

amaru Member

Don’t have to wait that long for Anderson to underperform

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He's not worth 15M fam, his max worth is around 7M or the MLE. Look at Tucker if we had two Tuckers on the team would we even need Anderson?

Before you say whether a guy is worth X amount or not you need to look at other options and how much those cost. There is no non Star level Stretch PF making even 15M a year, most are on MLE deals or even lower if you look at the contracts of guys like Patrick Patterson, Luc Mbah A Moute, Brandan Wright, Channing Frye etc. That's why Anderson's contract is so immoveable not because he sucks, but because he is so vastly overpaid compared to his peers.

20. basketballholic

I've been very impressed with Anderson's defensive effort and getting dirty in the paint going after boards. Hope he can maintain the intensity throughout the season while keeping the stroke going. I'd like to take a peek at him at the 5 in small ball again. But just a peek with a quick pull if he even started getting beat defensively but with further examination if he held his own (even though I still seriously doubt he could).

Deuce likes this.