1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryan Anderson deserves our respect!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Sep 26, 2017.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

A serious positivity thread for Ryan who came in with the best possible attitude and more into training camp. He has great character, integrity and deserves our respect! Remember all he had to overcome with his girl a few years back, the injuries, now all the trade rumours. I am very impressed with how he has handled it all and can't wait for him to drop those long bombs. He's very witty and funny too :) Go Ryno!!!

2. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Ryno is the x-factor now. Hope he can come to terms with the fact that he makes a lot of money.

3. Mister Beard

Mister Beard Member

Yes, the first interview I would like to hear is Ryno's, and I am not dissapointed. Not sure what was our final offer to the Knicks/3rd team, but I would rather have Ryan + retain 2019 first then having Melo in town.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Although I am still extremely mad that the trade didn't happen, I certainly had more respect for him after seeing his interview yesterday. I hope he can turn it around this season and prove me wrong.

I am not optimistic though. I think he's underutilized in this rockets offense. He's being used as a pure 3 point shooter but he's actually much more lethal in the midrange area. When he was with the Pelicans they posted him up a lot.

I've been thinking about our matchup against OKC and I think you just cannot put Ryno on the floor against them. They have George and Melo now and he has to guard one of them. Either way he's gonna get destroyed.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

When Steven Adams gets in foul trouble you match him up against Patrick Patterson. It is a matchups game.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Do you potentially see Anderson as the key to a championship?

7. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

wheres the interview?

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yes

FanSince93, hakeem94 and swyyyguy like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

daywalker02 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Your deserves its own thread deserves some respect.....deserves its own thread!

11. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Salvy and J.R. like this.
  12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i dont get u ryan fans. he's been in the league long enough to learn at least one go to move he can rely on. he knows he's been an elite stretch 4 for awhile and he konws the only thing he's good at is shooting. he should've took full advantage of that. instead he settled for his one trick. before the nba blew up and went overseas and got more popular, we called players like that a bum.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX and lw17 like this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

there's no accounting for the passion of the Ryno Only Fan . . .

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

I have been one of the people who clapped at Ryan for his performance last year, however I have also been on record saying I would prefer Anderson to Melo simply because he is a better fit and makes way less money. It is encouraging to see him so positive in the interview, hopefully he enters the season fired up and launches at least 10 3 pointers a night and upping his scoring from 12 pts to 16 or so.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

My respect for RyAnd has never waivered.

Hitting 40% from 3 while most of his attempts are from about 27 feet away is a dangerous weapon coupled
    with Gordon on the other side of the court who can shoot deep 3's as well; opens things up for Harden to
    surgically slice and dice opposing defenses. Now CP3 is going to take advantage of the spacing like
    an alien abductor probing and violating opposing defense. Perfect lobs to Capela, Nene, T Black,
    Ariza, Luc MaM, Cam Oliver. Boom-Shawk-A-Lawka.

I expect RyAnd not to press so much this year at home and his 3-pt % to increase. Harden/CP3 facilitating
    with Capela/Nene/Black PnR'ing, creates greater court spacing; will allow improved 3-pt % to each of:
    Ariza/Luc/Tucker/Gordon/RyAnd. Look for 45 3PA's and an average of 18 3PM's per game. Luc MaM
    playing defense down the stretch of games.

I don't blame Morey for not wanting to give up Ariza/Gordon for Melo. That takes one step forward
    and two steps back. Ariza recruited CP3; that would kill FA's thinking about coming to Houston in
    the future if you do Ariza-CP3 like that.

Edit: Just for perspective (according to basketball-reference.com)
    (16/17 Houston Rockets):
    3PM: 14.4/gm (ranked 1st in NBA). I expect this to go up to about 18 per game.
    3PA: 40.3/gm (ranked 1st in NBA). I expect this to go up to about 45 per game.
    3P%: .357/gm (ranked 15th in NBA). I expect this to go up to about 38% or better.

#15 ApacheWarrior, Sep 26, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    hakeem94 likes this.
  16. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

When Ryan Anderson is introduced as part of the pre-game ritual, all should rise in a show of respect. No one should stay seated in protest that he makes $18.74 million per year.

17. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Go Anderson! We need him to play well so we can move him at the deadline.

18. Moahst

Moahst Member

Ryan Anderson creates more space for our guard to operate than any power forward in the league (including Melo). This is essential in D'Antoni's system. He is a flawed player and a poor defender but he does fit in this offense.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Ryan is one of my favorite rockets of all time

20. Progs

Progs Member

He is a good player and expect a bounce back year for him.