1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russia's growing European Influence - Rise of Communists in Italy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 30, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

But I thought liberals are the new Communists because socialized institutions & protests = communism.

If Russia who is far right, and a friend to Trump, also supports the rise of communism in European countries....

[/

[​IMG]

Big MAK likes this.
  3. dobro1229

Seriously though, these institutional titles now are pretty contradictory and its tough to keep up with which side believes in what exactly at the current moment. The Trump regime certainly isn't conservative about anything. His budget, healthcare, and tax legislation says otherwise.

My guess is Putin will try to garnish loyalty or leverage in almost any political party/institution he can to support his agenda. This is why Republicans should be careful in their support for Putin. It could easy be a Democrat next time that he is able to get under his belt. His goal of restoring the former Soviet Union isn't subject to political ideology.

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Communist Party has had influence in Italy for decades. Putin and his minions are seeking to expand their influence in Italy and trump is not helping at all. Quite the opposite. He is forcing all our NATO allies and their populations, including Italy, of course, to look again at what they previously took for granted - strong American power and influence in Europe that has protected those allies for 70+ years being destroyed by Mr. trump and his bizarre love of Putin, Russia, and oligarchs in general.

Trump is making an assault on America's place in the world, weakening our relationship with our strongest allies, leaving bewildered those who have assumed that America had their backs, come hell or high water, all the while promoting racism, bigotry, screwing over the very people who voted for him with his assault on healthcare, Medicaid, etc., etc., and blatant giveaways to the wealthiest Americans. But that isn't enough for the man. Through an incredible lack of either interest or education, quite possibly both, a juvenile personality that his constant lying, anger at the media for having the nerve to report the facts, instead of his made-up bullshit, and outright incompetence to handle the job, Mr. trump is placing our country and the Free World in great danger.

I'm very seriously concerned that trump will start a war in order to "war" his way out of the mess he finds himself in. I hope I'm wrong. God, do I hope I'm wrong.

#4 Deckard, May 31, 2017
    Last edited: May 31, 2017
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean it's almost like trump is on the KGB payroll how perfectly he is playing into Putin's hands.

6. dobro1229

It's almost like Putin has a pee tape he is holding over Trumps head.

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Italy like Greece is in horrible financial shape due to the type of austerity pushed by Merkel who the NYT article makes out to be a hero in her resistance to Russia. From what I have read she in fact has resisted much of the pressure to sanction Russia. It would be understandable if much of Italy does not support the bi-partisan US obsession of moving NATO missiles up to the Russian border and sanctioning Russia ,which hurts Italy economically.