1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russians have compromising Trump sex tape and financial info

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what's funnier, that it exists, or that it's actually possible it's true?

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Before, it was almost wishful thinking that maybe one day Trump would actually literally be impeached...

I'm ready to put money down on it now. Now it ain't wishful thinking. I'm confident enough to put money down on it.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

No. Chance. At. All. There is a republican-held Congress. And enough republican Trump supporters that regardless if any of these actually happens to be true, the republican held congress would not act against Trump. In Trump's own wods:

In this case, he could not lose republican congressmen. Just wouldn't happen.

4. fchowd0311

Look at what happened to Chaffetz's town hall meeting. Republican legislators will start caring once their constituents start caring at an unprecedented level which seems to be slowly happening.

Republicans will only support Trump if it helps with their midterms. If supporting Trump hinders their chances to win the midterms and 2020, they will drop in the lava pit of accountability.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Unfortunately, I am afraid the republicans won't lose many seats in midterms. The Democrats actually are having to defend more seats than the repubs, which will gate the number of seats picked up. And the Democrats need to to already have credible alternative candidates speaking up. The only voice/face people are seeing and hearing are Schumer, Sanders, and Warren (though Kamala Harris got a tiny bit of attention when Warren was silenced).

Its great people are speaking up (Women's March, attending Town Hall meetings) but I am afraid these will fade away as people get used to the Trump presidency. Hopefully I am wrong...

6. fchowd0311

Once his disapproval starts seeping into his base supporters, I hope that's when you start seeing Republican legislators start caring. I hope too. I think some Republlcan legislators understand that standing by Trump might lead to devastating consequences for future electability. It could be the new Iraq war. Almost every Republican legislator was for it at the time and now all of them wish they voted 'no' to stand out. I am certain that 10 years from now every major election will be centered around the premise of 'did you stand up to that orange baffoon or did you kneel to his bidding'.

#266 fchowd0311, Feb 13, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Gerrymandering will protect the Republican majority don't worry guys.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well that and putting all the blacks in jail in the southern states for small drug offenses and taking away their right to vote.

DD

9. fchowd0311

I wonder why private prison stocks are skyrocketing?

10. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I just don't think that's ever going to happen.

If any of this is eventually verified, it will go right over Trump supporter's heads like a Brock Osweiler 10-yard out. They will totally ignore it and just yell "FAKE NEWS!!!!"

Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Yup, if water gate happens today, Trump would still be president.

12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

You both can thank Billy Clinton for that. His bill destroyed(still destroying) generations of young black and brown families.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Posted this on January 11th after watching Trumps Press Conference

wouldabeen23 likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member