1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Russell Westbrook tells fan: "I'll f*ck you up, you and your wife"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Mar 11, 2019.

1. stab

stab Member

Either Russ is lying his ass off or the fan is.

And considering that the fans Twitter and Facebook feed has been scrubbed like Mr. Clean I’m gonna take Russ’ side on this one.

2. cebu

cebu Member

When Westbrook taunts other players like what he did to Lillard recently, it doesn't sit well with fans. so don't expect a royal treatment you'll get ****ed up as well. stay classy. in other words...

[​IMG]

Game7 likes this.
  3. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

The league ain't paying for the travel of $10 or lower per hour employees.

4. Theking

Theking Member

Yes sir!

macho GRANDE likes this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Taunting ! = racist remarks

Taunting is fine. If the fan said "Go back to Oklahoma!" WB would be in the wrong. If the fan booed, WB would be in the wrong. The fan escalated it to another level. Hate on WB all you like, (CP3 does the same crap) but this crossed a line.

6. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

When the fan was interviewed, he tried to spin it as telling Westbrook to sit on his knees and ice them like he always does. I could buy that. But then his twitter history was revealed and showed lots of racist comments. Credibility tanked.

I'm with Westbrook on this one.

Richie_Rich and macho GRANDE like this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

You shouldn't threaten a women with violence FULL STOP. Russ should get suspended for a week if the NBA wanted to back up its talk about female empowerment.

Game7 likes this.
  8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

This dude has hella racist tweets.

#88 TheRealAllpro, Mar 12, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    Bearded13 likes this.
  9. YOLO

YOLO Member

gj on russ. these kinds of people don't need to be anywhere near the game and this will bring more attention to stuff like this. they feel entitled to say whatever they want bc they think they can get away with it. you cross the line when it no longer becomes about actual basketball

anyone who thinks they can disrespect, say and do whatever they want to a player bc they feel protected behind the public fan barrier are no better than that idiotic jazz fan

Reeko and J.R. like this.
  10. REEKO_HTOWN

That tweet with the n word was fake.

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  11. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to Russ and I disagree with you. It's not cool to judge someone based off a few comments made during a heated moment. People say some of the craziest things, but, unless they have a history of acting on them, I don't think you should roast them publicly for the world to see.

That said, I hope he gets suspended... for basketball reasons.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Willing to bet that players don't mind the kind of taunting Westbrook does, it's all a show in the end and he adds to it by playing the heel.

Remember when Durant clowned CJ on his own podcast? Honestly, these guys are a lot closer and have more respect for each other, Westbrook's trash talk is just trash talk. If you're playing a game with a friend and you are beating them badly and you say something about how bad you're beating them then sure, they may take it seriously...

But telling Lilliard that he busts his *** everytime they play is just trash talk...if he said something personal about Dame or attacked his family...then it would be past trash talk.

“We ain’t best friends,” Lillard said, “but I respect him and he respects me.”

In the end, taunting and trash talk is just different, it's for fun, it's a heat of competition thing. People talk about the greats, Larry, Michael, etc etc, they all talked trash, and the fans of the players/teams seem to take it more personal than the players themselves honestly.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I do agree with this to an extent. Terrible to treat anyone that way even someone making 35 million dollars. Westbrook does need to understand that he is under a microscope and somehow needs to learn to control these emotions. I am glad that a spotlight gets put on these kind of instances but if he keeps reacting this way then the taunts will only get louder and worse because everyone knows he will make a spectacle and "lose his cool" which could affect his game.

To that point, I do with Westbrook could get his coaches/security involved to fight his fights and then point it out after the game in a calm manner and make a big deal of it after the game instead of during the game. I know tempers can get the best of anyone but I do wish he set a better example for young kids/adults who are seeing his video on twitter and thinking this kind of retaliation is okay to do. I wish the lesson was that there are other ways to get your point across than this and retaliation is not the answer. Be the bigger person somehow, someway.

Obviously easier said than done but I can promise that all superstars in the NBA (or all sports) have encountered this same treatment in some form or fashion and are able to somehow handle it with class and dignity. Hat tip to James Harden.

14. hakeemthagreat

Eh, Westbrook should definitely take accountability for his words. But if a fan can yell anything to a player without consequence, then shouldn't the same apply? Until the NBA does more to hold fans accountable I don't think it's right to expect players to always take the high road

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

hat tip to James harden. keep that same class/dignity. what else can you promise?

you know what I can promise? That there's plenty of other examples of handling situations like this with "class and dignity"

#95 YOLO, Mar 12, 2019
    Mr. Space City and cebu like this.
  16. REEKO_HTOWN

Two sides can be complete idiots. I hope the NBA does the right thing. Ban the fan and suspend Westbrook.

spark06 likes this.
  17. finsraider

finsraider Member

This is the obvious answer, but seeing lots of people defending Westbrook.

You don’t get to say what WB said. You just don’t. Also, the fan probably did cross the line. Both things can be true.

Interesting to see what the NBA does. My guess is WB gets a week long suspension, and the league makes a statement about harsher penalties for unruly fans.

spark06 likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

wb isn't getting suspended lol

macho GRANDE likes this.
  19. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Really? Was this supposed to make me think of less of Harden's composure? Obviously things get heated when you get whiny b**** voice fans calling you a flopper or even racist/insensitive comments. Could James snap one day and get into a truly heated altercation with a fan yes? My point is it seems Russ is involved with something like this on a weekly basis while other players are maybe involved once a year, maybe?

If that is the worst Harden has done then so be it. James had no intentions of doing anything about it. He obviously didn't appreciate it. I am fine with players standing up for themselves but let security/coaches fight your battles for you which is what James basically did here. Here is a video of Russ (in Utah last year) behaving much worse than Harden's little phone tap. Russ is the epitome of "when keeping it real goes wrong".

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

which goes back to utah having some of the worst fans in the world. anyone who follows the game enough knows that.

is it a weekly basis? classic exaggeration. that vid was from a year ago but gets compiled to a weekly basis narrative, according to your logic. makes sense. if you're going to make a false claim like that, then please show everyone a weekly vid of a russ altercation to prove it to be true please.

slapping someones phone is letting someone else fight his battles? ok, so him putting his hands on something, wasn't him actually acting upon it himself? the logic around here can be all over the place. but that's not surprising at all. So if i came up to you and I slapped your phone that you're holding after you said something stupid and walked away. Then someone I know comes over and tells you to go sit down. You would say that person is fighting my battle? lol.

#100 YOLO, Mar 12, 2019